New 5.0 KC kit

J.Kincaid

Established Member
Working with John Urist (owner of Hellion) we put together a KC kit for the Hellion twin turbo 5.0 kit. The KC provided 36 degree fluid temps for the intercooler. This kit will fit any 11-14 Mustang. This will be an option for the Hellion twin turbo kits. This kit will also work for any air to water intercooled setup whether turbo or supercharged.

Last edited:

RUQWKNF

KEEPER OF MANY SECRETS
Established Member
Excellent.
I'd love to see someone with a JPC single turbo kit try this out and post up results.
I'd be willing to bet results would be fantastic.
I've added it to my build list.
Thanks J.Kincaid.

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
As a refrigeration mechanic I had often thought of using the existing ac system to chill down a water reservoir. I figured it was only a matter of time before someone designed this type of unit.

This system should work great. The refrigeration coil submerged in the water reservoir should run 18-20*(f). You should easily obtain chilled water in the 30* range. Pics look great BTW, great job!

J.Kincaid

Established Member
Excellent.
I'd love to see someone with a JPC single turbo kit try this out and post up results.
I'd be willing to bet results would be fantastic.
I've added it to my build list.
Thanks J.Kincaid.

Thanks, for street and 1/4 mile you cant beat this. Its like running ice in your reservoir all the time.

As a refrigeration mechanic I had often thought of using the existing ac system to chill down a water reservoir. I figured it was only a matter of time before someone designed this type of unit.

This system should work great. The refrigeration coil submerged in the water reservoir should run 18-20*(f). You should easily obtain chilled water in the 30* range. Pics look great BTW, great job!

Thanks, we've been manufacturing active intercooling systems since 2000. We use a SS316 plate to plate liquid design, which is the most efficient design to date.

ebrow21

Established Member
What was the reason you changed from the set expansion valve to the thermal on these kits? I installed my kc and a month later installed another. Mine has the pre-set, his uses the one pictured here. Thanks-

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
Thermal Expansion Valves allow for faster refrigeration effect. As the water temp rises the TXV opens and floods the refrigeration coil submerged in the tank with more refrigerant. This allows the system to remove heat from the water faster.

ebrow21

Established Member
Thermal Expansion Valves allow for faster refrigeration effect. As the water temp rises the TXV opens and floods the refrigeration coil submerged in the tank with more refrigerant. This allows the system to remove heat from the water faster.

I appreciate the explanation, but I know what it does. Also the temp probe, in this case, is attached by a hose clamp externally.

I'm primarily interested in why it was changed, but was not announced. What is the measurable difference? What benefit is there to the old style owners to retrofit? I would have preferred an updated unit if it were available. He drop shipped my valve, and the unit I installed not a month later had the other style valve.

J.Kincaid

Established Member
I appreciate the explanation, but I know what it does. Also the temp probe, in this case, is attached by a hose clamp externally.

I'm primarily interested in why it was changed, but was not announced. What is the measurable difference? What benefit is there to the old style owners to retrofit? I would have preferred an updated unit if it were available. He drop shipped my valve, and the unit I installed not a month later had the other style valve.

You have the remote pressure differential valve. We switched over to a thermal expansion valve design about 6-8 months ago. Rather than adjusting to pressure changes, it adjust to temperature feedback. This design is more efficient, and I don't have to worry about setting the diaphragm before installation. If you have the remote style valve you can upgrade it.

Last edited:

Doug1227

Established Member
I've been running the KC on my KB car for a little over a year now and am very happy with it. Mine has the fixed expansion valve, so there may still be room for improvement.

Users who are viewing this thread