new 2014 5.0 owner first mods 400whp

1sweetSVT

too low
Established Member
you can drive around just fine without cats before you get tuned. you'll only have a check engine light. no big deal.

mystickb1996

Established Member
Alright well that's new to me, before when I deleted cats I just kept the rear o2s in and it was fine but I see what your saying that it will throw a code.. Now I gotta find a tuner ASAP if anyone has a used xcal there trying to sell let me know
Also if anyone reading this has the same set up as me with magmaflow axleback street and off road x, does it drone at highway speeds? I have had good luck with magnaflow in past and hope this is the same
Thanks

Rct851

Established Member
To build on some I OPs questions. If I want a dyno tune from a local tuner I new to bring in my own sct tuner correct? Obviously to be able to go back to stock or switch between tunes

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
To build on some I OPs questions. If I want a dyno tune from a local tuner I new to bring in my own sct tuner correct? Obviously to be able to go back to stock or switch between tunes
Corect. But most shops offer the sell the tuners as well.

gs462

Established Member
I did the Ford racing procal tune and got 395 RWHP on an otherwise bone stock 13 GT m6, the best thing about the ford tune is you keep the 3yr 36k mile bumper to bumper warranty.

FoofKiller

I> /\/\
Established Member
I made 416rw with nothing more than a Lethal Hpipe, gt500 axleback and a custom tune from True Street Motorsports. Making 400rw with these cars is brainless. But don't get too excited, 400rw is still slow.

ARC

Established Member
Why are you guys recommending he delete catalytic converter? That will void his factory warranty for many issues he could come up with in the future. Also, tuning makes your warranty crap too from what I've understood. I know this is a forum for mostly modding but you've got to take those into consideration. Also, driving without catalytic converters is illegal, lol.

mystickb1996

Established Member
haha i haven't had cats on the last 3 cobras iv had, i dont think this will be a problem.. i would have to believe this would be true for 90% of the other people on this sight... also a tune can be reversed in about 2 minutes for stock form... and for the x-pipe voiding warr, i worked at ford for 6 years and i can say even techs would never even notice an after market x-pipe unless they were specifically working in the cat area..

Users who are viewing this thread