New 2000 R owner here.....

1Fast R

Hello, allow me to introduce ourselves. Bill and Vicki from Wa state. We just purchased our Cobra R 11 days ago from a delaership across the state. We have yet to get the paperwork on it as Bill was too exicted to ask for it. So at this time, we do not have the production # or the certificate. We found the build sheet behind the bumper and the date reads March 16th. We are hoping to get information on our specific R from Dearborn real soon, though. I will get it on the Registry as soon as I get the information.

Our first mod was the cobra on the front grill. The next are chromed R wheels. She has almost 700 miles on her right now. We have a new hood on order as someone at the dealership closed the hood wrong and put a good crack in it. The hood is coming straight from the factory. We are putting mud flaps on the rear too.

You will see plenty of posts from us believe you me!! :)

Andy M

Established Member
Originally posted by 1Fast R
Hello, allow me to introduce ourselves. Bill and Vicki from Wa state. We just purchased our Cobra R 11 days ago from a delaership across the state. We have yet to get the paperwork on it as Bill was too exicted to ask for it. So at this time, we do not have the production # or the certificate. We found the build sheet behind the bumper and the date reads March 16th. We are hoping to get information on our specific R from Dearborn real soon, though. I will get it on the Registry as soon as I get the information.

Our first mod was the cobra on the front grill. The next are chromed R wheels. She has almost 700 miles on her right now. We have a new hood on order as someone at the dealership closed the hood wrong and put a good crack in it. The hood is coming straight from the factory. We are putting mud flaps on the rear too.

Welcome aboard!!!! You will absolutely love the R! It is truly a fun car!

Check out our newly formed R registry at www.svtperformance.com/cobrar Once you are official, we can have our majestic web master add you to our official list, along with a picture of your car.

You will find this board very informative and .... ahem, entertaining! ;-)

By the way, my R was also built on 3/16/00, so your number must close to mine?... #155

Please don't hesitate to ask if you have questions?...

Last edited:

Cobra-R

Established Member
Originally posted by 1Fast R

Welcome to the board, like andy said, you will love the car.

Couple rules we have on this board:

1, Watch out for Kevin (he is a one of a kind :D)

2, Once in a while we are serious, most of the time we are not, feel free to jump in where you feel appropriate.

3, We started a Annual R convention this year at Road America in Elkhart Lake, Wi. Next years event will be there also the first part of sept 02. We would enjoy having you join us.

4, Most of us belong to the SVT Cobra Mustang Club (SCMC) and use thier events to get together during the year. If interested in joining go to www.svtcobraclub.com

5, beware of Kevin.

6, Always respect and do not tease the Moderators of this forum. If others are not following that rule, always come to the moderators aid. :eek:

7, Did I mention to watch out for Kevin?

Welcome to the board, you will have fun, Brian:D :D :D

Andy M

Established Member
Re: Re: New 2000 R owner here.....

Originally posted by Cobra-R

2, Once in a while we are serious, most of the time we are not, feel free to jump in where you feel appropriate.

We are?? Oh yeah, we ARE serious every now and then... maybe once a year or so?.... :)

Cobra-R

Established Member
Re: Re: Re: New 2000 R owner here.....

Originally posted by Andy M
We are?? Oh yeah, we ARE serious every now and then... maybe once a year or so?.... :)

Yea, remember that post last spring??? I think it went a day or so before it got a shot of "Kevin". Thats what makes my job as moderator so hard, keeping these post moving in the direction the the thread originator intended. :lol:

LogiWorld123

Established Member
Another "rule"

I am the majestic webmaster to which they call "Sire"

:D Welcome aboard.

PS Kevin is a nice guy, don't know why everyone picks on him (including myself)

Cobra-R

Established Member
Originally posted by Scoriox
Another "rule"

I am the majestic webmaster to which they call "Sire"

:D Welcome aboard.

PS Kevin is a nice guy, don't know why everyone picks on him (including myself)

LMAO, Yea, that is exactly what we call you. :cuss: :cuss: :D :D :D :D :D :D

1Fast R

Well, this morning I called the 800FORDSVT number and gave them our VIN# and got our production number. It is #227 build date of 3/16.

It is in a club member's garage right now getting oil changed and undercarriage cleaned (I think it was just an excuse to offer to do it for us so they could look her over real good)! He also fixed a factory blemish on the rear quarter panel.

Vicki

kevin

where to start!!

WELCOME BILL AND VICKI (i had to yell to be heard over all the meaningless chatter in here)

hope you enjoy the car. everyone in here pretty much drives theirs on the street or track (i'm a track guy, brian is the sunday cruiser guy. don't let him make you think he REALLY runs it hard on the track)

my car is the test bed for this group. if i break something, they all run out and fix it b4 they break it too.

you'll find this group entertaining in and educational and informative kinds way. there is some really good tech stuff buried way deep in this site. but if you tell us what you're plans are for the car, we will guide you thru the maze (actually we will just repost the stuff cause none of us know where to find anything, especially our beloved (cough, cough) moderator.

speaking of moderators, don't beleive anything you hear from the funny little guy behind the curtain pulling all those levers and toggling all those switchs - just remember "smoke and mirrors". and that third post down from the top - TOTOALLY IGNORE ITEM NUMBER 6, as it is a totally worthless comment. no one in here believes that guy anyway. oh.......who was that masked man.:D :D

andy's second post (4th from the top) BELIEVE IT!!!:lol:

brians 2nd post (cobra-r) not a chance. this guy lets us do all the really hard work. he just comes in once in a while to stir the pot and change the direction of legitimate posts. kinda like chasing a rabbit:D :D :D

6th post down (matt- really nice guy, but he keeps coming up with excuses to not take a ride with me on the track, go figure. he keeps saying he's a student at some run down, one room school house of higher learning):D :D :lol: :lol:
but he's got it right, I AM A NICE GUY and that's why they (especially brian) picks on me.

did i cover it all?:coolman: :D :D :D

again, welcome, sit back and enjoy yourself. and don't be afraid to dive into the deep end (afterall, that's where we're at)

Andy M

Established Member
Originally posted by Scoriox
You are on the ONLY Cobra R Registry!

:D:chicken:
Hey Matt, you know all school and no play time will fry your brain man!! I didn't know they made any '00 R's in March of 2001??? :bash:

BRIMSTONE

1Fast R,

Welcome aboard and congratulations on the R! I had the same problem with my hood from the dealer, they paid to fix it and got me a new one!

Did I read correctly that you are gonna put mud flaps on the R? My advice - if you see mud turn around and go the other way!:shocked:

Cobra-R

Established Member
Originally posted by BRIMSTONE
1Fast R,

Welcome aboard and congratulations on the R! I had the same problem with my hood from the dealer, they paid to fix it and got me a new one!

Did I read correctly that you are gonna put mud flaps on the R? My advice - if you see mud turn around and go the other way!:shocked:

I agree, but a clock, now that is something you need. :D :D :D Right Andy?:uh oh:

kevin

Originally posted by Cobra-R

I agree, but a clock, now that is something you need. :D :D :D Right Andy?:uh oh:

no, brian. u need the clock to time your laps. everyone else needs a stopwatch or no watch at all

:D :D :D :D :D

you're just trying to suck one more owner into supprting you'r decision to have a clock AND a calendar:whine: :D :D :D

kevin

bill and vicki,

have all these other bozos in here scared y off already. i hope not!!

you have my deepest sympathies and apology for the way your welcoming has gotton so far off track by these "yea who's".

:D :D

BillsSnake

:lol: :lol: Bill and Vicki this is a welcome from Bill and Cretia in Deep South Florida. We are also new to this forum although we have owned our R for a year. Most of what you will see in here is funny as most of these jokers know eachother. Mud Flaps?

kevin

Originally posted by BillsSnake
:lol: :lol: Bill and Vicki this is a welcome from Bill and Cretia in Deep South Florida. We are also new to this forum although we have owned our R for a year. Most of what you will see in here is funny as most of these jokers know eachother. Mud Flaps?

r u sure wee no each other? i don't know this brian guy, never heard of him. who is he?

go check the thread "happy birthday brian" you'll find a photo of this guy and then understand why he posts the things he does. oh so childish:D :D :D :D :D :D

kevin

Originally posted by BillsSnake

any if anyone wants to get to know us better (not neccessarily a good idea) come track your car at atlanta and america in april.

1Fast R

Splash guards, splash guards! you know, those molded plastic thingys with the horsies embossed on them to keep dirt and rocks from hitting the rear fenders?? :p The guys from our Mustang Club told us we needed to get them put on if we are going to drive her around town here. And we are! (Driving around town a lot and getting the guards).......

Vicki

Users who are viewing this thread