new 04 cobra owner

o4nccobra

another log on the fire
Established Member
well, just picked my white 04 cobra up last night. bought it with a tick over 9000 miles. appears to be mostly stock with the exception of flowmaster cat back and a few gauges. never owned a stang before. but wanted something american to beat up on my friends S.T.I. I found it. only done about fifty miles so far but impressed to say the least. the sti is in nh and i am in nc but when we get together i'll post a vid

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
Always liked white coupes, none around here though.

Also the phrase "bought it with a tick" made me look twice, lol

Read the red pill

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Yeah, I was going to say don't use the 'tick' word. It gives me shivers. LOL!

Congrats on your new Cobra. Any mod plans for the near future?

Chameleon

Established Member
You're gonna love driving the Terminator, congratulations.

When you're ready to mod follow the advice of postban (he responded above) and sambandit. These two guys know more about modding a Terminator than probably anyone else on the planet (IMHO).

Last edited:

bosstone

Established Member
Hello
I am a new 04 Cobra SVT owner also with a black on black which i bought with a "tick" over 9000 miles also. I have been looking around the internet for any companys that produce stage kits for the car but have not found any. I heard the replacing the pulleys and reprogramming the ecu is my best bet for more power. Any recomendations from the experts? Also does anyone know where a dyno is in the Miami area?

Chameleon

Established Member
bosstone said:
Hello
I am a new 04 Cobra SVT owner also with a black on black which i bought with a "tick" over 9000 miles also. I have been looking around the internet for any companys that produce stage kits for the car but have not found any. I heard the replacing the pulleys and reprogramming the ecu is my best bet for more power. Any recomendations from the experts? Also does anyone know where a dyno is in the Miami area?

I'm not one of the "experts" just a guy who reads a lot here but I will offer this advice.

1. It depends upon your budget.
2. Do you want the car mild (400 rwhp) or wild (600 and up rwhp) or something in between.
3. Do any and all supporting mods for the level desired performance. Make sure they include cooling and suspension mods.
4. Spend days, evenings, weekends, time at work, forgo TV, and read this site.
5. Pay special attention to some of the guru's advice on this site (as stated above IHMO, postban, sambandit, and a few others have mastered these cars). Search on their posts and read as much as possible.

Last edited:

o4nccobra

another log on the fire
Established Member
this car is great i bought it without even driving it. spent about a week thinking about it contemplated an 04 mach 1 but hey, if you're gonna get one, get the real one. i do plan on doing some simple mods for now. Mostly enough to stay ahead of my buddies over budgeted sti. 25,000 dollars and a mid 12 second time slip. i have only had a chance to roll through second before i ran out of roadbut i am in heaven.

bosstone

Established Member
o4ncobra i went through the same thing. Almost bought a Comp Orange Mach1 luckily the dealer sold it the day i went to get it and then found my 04 Cobra svt. So happy I went witht the most powerful stock mustang yet. Now I just got to learn all I can about the car and figure out the best mods for it. I really do not like the stock shifter and am thinking about a short shifter now. Saw some recomendations for a MGW short shift kit and am strongly considering this. Any good links, other sites or thoughts would be be great.

CC

o4nccobra

another log on the fire
Established Member
yeah im in the same boat. saw it read the specs, reread the specs and needed it. I have an 02 V-10 excursion and a 99 freightliner w/ 400 hp and 1650 lbs/ft tq. I need power. and like you said need to learn the car. The last forced ind. car i had was 9 years ago, an 88 conquest tsi running 22lbs of boost, exh. short story had it two weeks, got drunk, let friend drive(sober), hit house going 110 backwards, bounced back into road. all my friends have wrxs but i love V8s. as far as sites go i have been googling the life out of me. I know people who have worked with xxtuning in ct for their wrx but they dont trust their dyno.as i search i will keep a lookout 4 ya and stay in touch. I drive a truck and i run from new england to florida every other week in miami alot too.

Users who are viewing this thread