New '03 owner with a 'broken' car, advice needed (long post, sorry)

SVTXTC

Established Member
Well, this is how my weekend, sorry I mean Saturday morning, went:

View attachment 1581705
View attachment 1581706

It was hot down in Angleton this weekend, it was in the 90s and I could barely even get a full lap out of the car without the coolant puking on the windshield. The coolant tank was extremely hot, couldn't even touch it, and the seal was blown out so I know it wasn't pressurized when I brought it back in to the pits but I could not remove the cap until the tank was cool to the touch, so I think the fluid's actually just boiling over. Only ran Saturday morning and did a total of maybe 5 laps so another $500 down the drain and I barely even got on the car, very few WOT moments. Right now it seems like I'm just throwing money at the car with no effect, I think this just might not be the car for me. I should have titled the video 'Stupid owner'.

Yes it’s for sure time to sell it. Sounds like it’s totally wrecked. I’d be willing to offer you salvage on it (current condition) which is around 10k. Shoot me a PM I’ll bring cash and a trailer. Time to cut your losses and go back to a Scion or a Miata.

Users who are viewing this thread