new 03 cobra

C_Record

Established Member
>>its really 4% under dealer cost<<

I see. (I'm not going to harp on this one forever, just trying to clarify).
As a Ford worker(factory employee, etc.) your A-plan is 4% under what a dealership would pay for a vehicle. A Ford dealership's A-plan is a vehicle at their cost, which is what a dealership employee can get it for. You're getting a pretty good deal, especially on a car such as this.

Last edited:

cobra 829

Established Member
crogs what this about factroy worker it seems like you dont like them i guess you are not from an automotive region bou in mich most of the factroy rats make antwhere from 80000.00 to 160000.00 not bad for a factroy worker plus we get our cars cheaper

C_Record

Established Member
Originally posted by cobra 829
crogs what this about factroy worker it seems like you dont like them i guess you are not from an automotive region bou in mich most of the factroy rats make antwhere from 80000.00 to 160000.00 not bad for a factroy worker plus we get our cars cheaper

If you're referring to my reply to you 4 messages above, you better read it again. I was trying to clarify the A-plan thing. I thought I had correct A-plan info. You said A-plan is 4% under dealer cost. That's not true, UNLESS, "Ford factory workers" get better perks(A-plan for most Ford employees is "dealer cost"). That's not a slam on factory workers. No, I don't live in an automotive manufacturing region, but I used to paint cars and custom motorcycles for a living for 15 years(in another profession now), and I do most of my own mechanical work. No prejudice here bud.

p.s., regardless of industry, don't try to impress me with those salary figures. I work in the Wash. D. C. area. Enough said.

Last edited:

Berke

Super Genius
Established Member
Originally posted by rcogs
Originally posted by cobra 829

If you're referring to my reply to you 4 messages above, you better read it again. I was trying to clarify the A-plan thing. I thought I had correct A-plan info. You said A-plan is 4% under dealer cost. That's not true, UNLESS, "Ford factory workers" get better perks(A-plan for most Ford employees is "dealer cost"). That's not a slam on factory workers. No, I don't live in an automotive manufacturing region, but I used to paint cars and custom motorcycles for a living for 15 years(in another profession now), and I do most of my own mechanical work. No prejudice here bud.

p.s., regardless of industry, don't try to impress me with those salary figures. I work in the Wash. D. C. area. Enough said.

As I understand it A-plan is 4% under invoice. And that goes for all Ford employees, blue or white collar.

If you wonder why cars are so expensive, it's because we're paying for that Factory workers $80k+ salary!

cobra 829

Established Member
dealer gets a rebate back from ford to off set price a lot more then the discount also why are honda and other import so expisive they get paid i lot less

C_Record

Established Member
>>dealer gets a rebate back from ford to off set price a lot more then the discount <<

There are factory rebates that the average consumer will never know about. It's one reason why you can go in to some dealers and tell them you want a particular end of the year model for their cost and they won't hesitate to sell it to you.

Rob03

Established Member
I have contacted 20 dealers and could not find one willing to offer the X-Plan. Went ahead and ordered mine on 2-7-02 at MSRP.

Cheers, :beer:
Robert

COBRAJIM9999

Established Member
CORRECTING SOME THINGS I SAW

I figured I had to give my two cents on what I've read here. I am both an SVT Cobra owner and a Ford Roush and Saleen Salesperson and will try to correct what some people have said. First a "A" purchase is done for a ford employee or one of the relatives and additionally is offered to dealership employee's and their relatives if the are blue oval certified. "X" Plan pricing was orginally designed for Ford Motor Company Suppliers but has been expanded to a large circle of companies. Now in order to be a SVT dealership you have to pay a franchise fee. Half the cost is incorporated into the invoice on the vehicle and the second half is on the parts statement of the dealership. It works out to be about 300/unit on every SVT vehicle sold at my dealership. Now if cars are sold as the A and X plan price the additional cost per unit is not picked up. Additionally since their is about a 2200 profit before the franchise fee, even if the car is sold at msrp the dealership makes about 1800. Now thats a large profit but not huge and since most stores get <20 units per year its not ag reat profit generator. I understand that customers want to buy cars at a the least price possible but why people have to brag about getting A and X plan pricing is just stupid. If you can get it great for you. Why do you feel that you are helping others when you know they can't get it is just trying to make yourselves feel better. :bash:

fangstang

Established Member
COBRAJIM9999

Since you are a salesperson at a roush, saleen dealership, do you know if there are going to be any incentives or lowered rates for cobras,saleens and roushs? And, are you guys charging over MSRP for the new cobra?

COBRAJIM9999

Established Member
PRICING ON 03 COBRA'S

We have sold out out 1st allocation of 9 cobra's. The cars sold to new clients were sold at 2k over msrp. Those sold to existing customers were at msrp. We are now taking orders for the fall production and currently that is at msrp. I hope that helps answer your question.;-)

edz

Retired.
Established Member
World Ford in Pembroke Pines Fl. sell SVT at MSRP, My contract says "MSRP Only" that means no shipping. Got Lucky. If you call World speak to Stan "the Man" Jones

Users who are viewing this thread