new 03 cobra

eddy z

Established Member
well, I ordered my new cobra 03 convertable on 2/16/02. The dealership is chargine me $2500 over sticker. Orginally, they wanted $5000 over. Has anyone else had to pay over sticker?? Some dealershops by me, claim at sticker but would not put that in writing. With that, I paid $2500 over and worked it down from $5000 orgianlly. As a result, I am trading my 98 Convert cobra with only 22,000 miles. Too bad, as I boughtthis car new at $28,000. Tough to go from that price to $40,000 plus. I would assume this 03 is worht the price tag, correct?? Buyer remosre on my end?? No, just making sure this new 03 is something special.. The whole deal about cast iron vs alumium. Not a deal breaker. Performance and HP is there and can be tweeted out to make up for the additional weight. I am just happy to get a hold of this new 03.

Black Cobra

Established Member
eddy z,

Is this the same dealer you got the '98 from? You should be able to get the '03 at MSRP. Just go to SVT's website and click on "Find Dealer" put your zipcode in and then EMAIL every dealer within 200-300 miles until you find one that will do MSRP. They have to respond using email and then you have something in writing. You should be dealing with an "Internet Sales Manager". Internet pricing is sometimes lower than Walk-in Pricing. There are dealers out there that will do MSRP.

You could also call up the current dealer and just say that you want to cancel your order because after doing some calling you found a dealer that would do MSRP (even if you really haven't). Wait and see what he says. Only do this if you've made up your mind that you are not going to pay over MSRP. If you don't want to lie. You could also just say, I'm not paying over MSRP, Cancel my order.

I would be interested in what sort of trade in deal you're getting on the '98. My guess is that trade-ins are $5000 to $7000 below retail. If that is the case, then that is like you are paying an additional $5K to $7K over sticker for the '03. You would probably be better off selling the '98 outright yourself at full retail.

I haven't driven a '99 or '01 with IRS, but the front/back weight ratio of the '03 is the same as the '96-'98s. Even with the iron block, my guess is that it would handle at least as good as the '96-'98s if not a little better.

cobra 829

Established Member
a-plan is for ford workers also hines park ford has on coupe left at msrp go dealer websit and put in a michigan zip code 48152 call around to all svt darler u should be able to find for less then sticker

Randee of the Redwoods

Clueless. No...really.
Established Member
Originally posted by Undy
I ordered mine X-plan, over $3000 under MSRP!

How'd you manage that? What dealer in VA beach are you dealing with? I'm in Richmond and if I could work out a deal like that, I'd move my business in a heartbeat.

Berke

Super Genius
Established Member
I've been calling around the Metro-Detroit area trying to find a dealer that will do A-plan. I found quite a few that will, but I also found these a$$holes who are trying to sell them for MSRP +$10k!!! It's Pat Miliken Ford in Redford. I told them I hope there's not an idiot in the country that will buy one from them at that price. What kind of idiot would buy a Mustang Cobra for $45,000??? It's a great deal at $35,000 for all the performance(and weight-sarcasm) you get, but at $45K, i'm not sure! For the little bit more, I think i'd have to go with a M3 or Z06.

Anyway, I'm going in tomorrow to place a order on either a Sonic Blue, or Red Coupe with no options on it. The dealship that i'm going through estimates a-plan at roughly $29-$30k

MASH

:lol:

I first posted, asking what the A-plan was, then i called my local ford dealer, and he told me, he also said the cobra would cost close to 35K. so i tried to erase my post, but could not, so decided to put that face, LOL. later.... :rolling:

Berke

Super Genius
Established Member
Originally posted by THEMASH
:lol:

I first posted, asking what the A-plan was, then i called my local ford dealer, and he told me, he also said the cobra would cost close to 35K. so i tried to erase my post, but could not, so decided to put that face, LOL. later.... :rolling:

He told you A-plan or MSRP was $35,000? I was told A-plan would be around $29-30K

cobra 829

Established Member
berke i went to pat millekin thay told me the same i hope they dont sell a one i got mine at demmer for a-plan village will sell for a-plan hines park in milford wants msrp they have one coupe left i dont nok were these dealers come off at :burn:

Berke

Super Genius
Established Member
Cobra 829, I'm not sure if I trust Demmer. When I was looking for a Lightning last year, their "A-plan" price was $1,500+ higher than other dealers I talked to. I have found quite a few that will do A-plan on a '03 Cobra. I talked to one today, but they want a $500 deposit.

Last edited:

IRON MACHINE

Established Member
A Plan

Im in the Detroit area also. Don't let the dealers hose you on the price. Call around. I have an '03 on order at Aplan as well. If you can't find one, just wait until the intitial storm of buyers, and then you will have no problem. Certainly don't pay any more than MSRP, you will be very sorry in a few months.

cobra 829

Established Member
berke i bought 4 cars in the last two years there if i find anything wrong i wont buy the car i have ben dealing with the same saleman for a couple of years a-plan is only one price iand its on the invoice from ford

C_Record

Established Member
>a-plan is for ford workers and there faimly only people have lost there jobs giving it to non-faimly<

Don't take this the wrong way, but I'm not sure why some of you guys are advertising the fact that you're getting your '03 on A-plan(as I understand it, dealer cost). It doesn't do any of us non-Ford employees any good. The best some of us can hope for is X-plan(highly unlikely on this car), or MSRP.
:)

Users who are viewing this thread