Neither Aux. Ports or OBD2 Port working???

bullitt_11

Established Member
Hey fellas need some help,

Purchased a 97 cobra last weekend. Noticed neither of the cigar lighter ports are working nor the obd2 port. I know these run on the same circuit. There are NO blown fuses in the car. I have checked the wiring under the center console and everything looks goods just no power to the cigar lighter harness. Now im not sure if this has anything to do with it but the fog lights on this car are wired independently. I can turn them on or off without the head lights or ignition on. I know the switch is in the same harness as the cigar lighters. Any suggestions? Im seriously stumped!!!

mwolson

Gray beard
Established Member
They don't run on the same circuit. The 30A cigar lighter fuse in the engine compartment fusebox only powers the cigar lighter via a LB/W wire.

The OBD2 port power is supplied by 10A fuse #8 in the interior fuse panel via a Y wire. That fuse also protects the main light switch, clock, instrument cluster, keyless entry, courtesy lamps, mirrors, trunk light, engine compartment light, etc. via a LG/Y wire.

They also use separate grounds.

Your wiring is hacked up.

A 96 or 97 Mustang EVTM would be a great investment for you to get this mess cleaned up.

Users who are viewing this thread