Neighbors complaining about t-posts

kingCOBRAsvt_99

STOCK..looking
Established Member
I'll bet they are the same kind of neighbors that bitch about gunshots and farm smells.... I say **** 'em

Oh and what the shit is up with a rural anything having a hoa about?

Last edited:

oldmodman

Established Member
Tell them that if they don't like your property markers they are perfectly able to put up a nice fence inside their property line so they don't have to look at you T-posts.

OhIIICobra

Established Member
Tell them that if they don't like your property markers they are perfectly able to put up a nice fence inside their property line so they don't have to look at you T-posts.
I just told them that I paid good money for my survey and I like a visible boundary on my lines. They said "Well we won't encroach on your property". Who's to know...without a "visible" line of some sort? I explained that they may sell someday and I want it visible to the next people. If it was such and issue I guess they shouldn't have bought next to me since my t-posts have been there for 3 years now.

HudsonFalcon

Established Member
I guess to be neighborly you could offer to replace the t-posts with something more visually appealing, at their expense of course. In reality though tell them to go scratch.

Kinda in the same situation myself after we bought 6 acres in the country. Previous owners had horses and took their electric fence with them but left the posts. Wasn't moved in ten minutes when the neighbor down the road told me I should remove those ugly posts. I politely told him where he could put his opinion.

Lived in the city all my life and never had a problem with neighbors. I had to move to the country to "get away" to find the idiot next door.

Posted via Topify on Android

EatonEggbeater

You tried to rob WHAT?
Established Member
Paint their side of the fence posts some color that'll blend in.

If you're feeling charitable.

Other than that, replace them with rebar.

They'll ask for the posts back after a few mower blades.

vortecd

Established Member
I could see if they lived there when you did this they might not like it. But to buy the land then tell you they want you to get rid of them is just crazy. Would be like buying a house and telling your neighbors to repaint their house cause you don't like the color. I find some people just seem to think they own and rule everything

Machdup1

Established Member
OP, you have done nothing wrong, however, tposts are ugly. I would consider replacing them with flat survey markers or stones over a period of time. I would of course ask the neighbors to pay for half of the cost. If they don't want to pony up, they will learn to live with the tposts

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
OP, you have done nothing wrong, however, tposts are ugly. I would consider replacing them with flat survey markers or stones over a period of time. I would of course ask the neighbors to pay for half of the cost. If they don't want to pony up, they will learn to live with the tposts

This.

YJSONLY

Established Member
It's your land. You haven't broke any hoa rules. Tell them to pound sand. Heck we have several hundred acres with them t posts. With 5 strand barb wire.

mavisky

Established Member

Came here to post something similar. Going to just quote this instead.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Yes, T-posts are ugly. I assume they're 72" posts. But you put them up for a reason and they were there when the neighbors bought their properties. It's not like they didn't see them when they first looked at their properties. You have every right to keep them up. The only thing that I personally would consider doing, to lessen their visual impact, would be to remove every other post and leave them 100' apart. Or install new ones spaced at 75'. The potential problem with doing that might be that making any change now would be admitting they're an issue and perhaps the HOA might then request that you remove all of them. So you're really best off just leaving them "as is" since they've been there for 3 years and the HOA apparently never had an issue with them.

If you DO end up working a compromise with the neighbors, be sure that what everyone agrees to is put into a written contract, and signed by you and your neighbors.

OhIIICobra

Established Member
/

Attachments

• Rebar.gif
    Rebar.gif
    6.4 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread