Neighbors 1965 Mustang while walking the dog...

_Snake_

Established Member
....they apparently sold the car today for $15k. I asked if he would sell it to me for $16k and he said yes...

Kind of a dick move IMO.

I'd probably be interested if it was all original

Didn't you offer $16k after finding out it wasn't?

He said there's a guy supposedly coming to buy it in the next day or two for $15k but that he would sell to me for $16k instead lol
I don't plan on undercutting the other guy...so long as said guy isn't trying to flip the car for a profit

Yet you are, and who are you to pass judgment on what the prospective new owner does or doesn't do with the car?

I would be interested around $12k........I will see if this other guy falls through with the sale and maybe I will show him that cash and see what he thinks.

He's going to think you're a colossal douchebag for offering $12k after saying you'd buy it for $16k.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
I'd pass at that price. There are A LOT of gen 1 coupes out there that can be had for the same or less. They are a dime a dozen. That's just me though. If it were a fastback I'd have a different opinion.
If I were interested, I'd bring a magnet and check the problematic spots for bondo and a quick repaint for a quick sale.

KEVINS

Established Member
Sounds to me like the car is sitting in the Impulse Shelf at the grocery store and your knee jerk reaction is: I want this now!

ks

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Agree, bondo is a big issue on a lot of these repainted 1st gens.

My dad and my stepmom have a 1965 Mustang coupe in Falcon powder blue. 6cyl automatic 4 lug. Converted to power front disc and already had an upgraded aluminum radiator. Bought from a father/son who bought it rough and "restored" it. My folks bought without me taking a look... lol. Several cracks around the rear of the sail panels tells me there's a lot of bondo on top of that metal.

They decided to do a quick repaint. I told them they should have it completely stripped down, but of course cost is always a factor. About 3 months later the cracks in the paint showed up again.

blubyu87gt

Established Member
If I were interested, I'd bring a magnet and check the problematic spots for bondo and a quick repaint for a quick sale.

Was going to say the exact same thing.

That's always my hesitation with painted vehicles. Especially classics since, in my experience, carfax doesnt have a lot (if any) info on them.

Lol@ offering 16 to cut out the current offer only to back pedal and say 12.

GodStang

Established Member
$8K-$12K. $16K for that is way too much. 65 coupes not really sought after, not original, but nice car.

Snake Pliskin

Teen Idol
Established Member
Kind of a dick move IMO.

Didn't you offer $16k after finding out it wasn't?

Yet you are, and who are you to pass judgment on what the prospective new owner does or doesn't do with the car?

He's going to think you're a colossal douchebag for offering $12k after saying you'd buy it for $16k.

Don't sugar coat it man, tell us what you really think. LOL

Users who are viewing this thread