Needing new cell phone (verizion)

ASVT2NV

Insane And Rising....
Established Member
Mine crapped out today. Missing a TON of important calls.Verizon refuses to fix it. Whats good on the verizon market right now?? And where the cheapest places to buy>???

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
I don't think it's an option on Verizon, but I just got the new blackberry pearl a couple days ago, and this thing is freakin' amazing! If you have the choice go with it. I have full internet! I actually went onto this site the day I bought it just to see if it worked!

Pro SNIVELER

Banned
i have a Krazor phone, it takes a beating. well at least mine does, i drop it quite frequently and it hasnt broken or given me any trouble for over a year. plus, it makes me smile everytime i see it, simply because its NOT A F*CKING NEXTEL! lmao, its nice to actually have reception when you need it. if you currently have a contract, you most likely have to use one of their stores to upgrade your phone. i found that their website is the most hassle free(and cheap) when starting a new contract, no 2 hour lines lol.

fiveoh2go

Cleveland's OG
Established Member
Not trying to hijack the original posters thread but, RiffRaff04 my contract is about to expire so it's new phone time! What do you think about the Motorola MOTOSLVR L7c or the LG Chocolate?

Screamin Cobra

Slam'd Cam'd Z06
Established Member
fiveoh2go said:
Not trying to hijack the original posters thread but, RiffRaff04 my contract is about to expire so it's new phone time! What do you think about the Motorola MOTOSLVR L7c or the LG Chocolate?

Chocolate is garbage...the L7 is not bad, I like them better than RAZR's. LG is by far the most quality, best working, most reliable phone in my opinion. Let me know if you need a phone, I'm a representative, I'll sell you one. :beer:

^^^For a MOTOROLA L7, LG 8300, or Samsung a930 I can do $100 for the upgrade and a $50 mail-in rebate so it comes down to $50 and you have a new phone. Let me know,

Andrew

Last edited:

Nvr_Spds

Pushrod > 4v
Established Member
My Samsung A-930 is holding up pretty well. I like the fact that it can play music through the speaker, so i dont always need head phones. Its got a Mini SD slot in it, and for a phone, it takes ok pics IMO.

quik6

SVT powered at last
Established Member
Screamin Cobra, I wish I knew you worked at Verizon, I'd have gone to you. I just recently got a Chocolate, and my reception is garbage. Unfortunately I wasn't paying attention, and I think my month for swapping phones might have just run out.:bash:

Which one are you at? Maybe I'll come talk to tomorrow or Monday to see if I can still swap out. I think I got it on the 26 so it doubtful. Oh well.

Also, I just applied Tuesday for some open positions at the one in Covington, wish me luck. I hate my current job.

quik6

SVT powered at last
Established Member
I just got the new one, and my reception isn't that great. Also, I hate when I first slide it open sometimes my cheek will hit the mute button. If I want speaker phone I have to unlock it then press the speaker button and hope it registers before it relocks. Its just aggravating sometimes.

The main thing though, I never get reception at my house, and its not like I live 10 miles out from civilization. Within 5 miles I have 2-3 Verizon stores.

Screamin Cobra

Slam'd Cam'd Z06
Established Member
quik6 said:
I just got the new one, and my reception isn't that great. Also, I hate when I first slide it open sometimes my cheek will hit the mute button. If I want speaker phone I have to unlock it then press the speaker button and hope it registers before it relocks. Its just aggravating sometimes.

The main thing though, I never get reception at my house, and its not like I live 10 miles out from civilization. Within 5 miles I have 2-3 Verizon stores.

Return it, they more than likely can do it even though it may be against whatever policy of theirs. Come see me and I'll hook you up. I am in the mandeville store and don't work until wednesday but if you happen to return it then I'll make a special trip to get you what you need.

mustangkid05

Established Member
i have one of those cheap lg's best phone i ever had.....had the side kick 2 the screen kept cracking.......had the treo 700 dropped it from a small distance and it broke in pieces......my cheap lg i drop about 4x a week and its still hanging in there lol

ASVT2NV

Insane And Rising....
Established Member
heres the problem. I cant afford to buy one through verizon. Cheapest one they had in store today was like $200 and it looked and felt like the styrofoam! Im trying to find something on ebay.. waching a razr right now.

I really want a Krazr or a LG chocolate. But i dunno if I really need the mp3 player or not.

RiffRaff04

Established Member
fiveoh2go said:

I personally like the L7 and am thinking about getting one. I currently have the LG 8700, its a great phone. The chocolate is something you should run from, I work on more of those than anything else. They just released a new version of it and said they fixed alot of the problems from the last one, but its still too early to see.

SVTCOBRAKID

Established Member
deff dont get a chocolate. Im on my 3rd in 4 months under warranty. I need to get something else.... badly lol

RalphBentRio

RAWK star
Established Member
Personally, I just keep all my data on memory cards and break my phone with a month of warranty left. Very rarely do I have any downtime.

Generally my phones get abused and are on deaths door at that point, so I KNOW that it's on its' way out. I just make sure it happens IN warranty and not out of it :)

moddestmike

2 Degrees/Still Confused
Established Member
The motorola Q9m just launched online. I work in WDTS here in Houston and its sweet. If you are a PDA person I say go for it or wait for the VX 6800 to drop.

Users who are viewing this thread