Need your opinion

mcallister

Established Member
I'm thinking about powder coating my true forged sleepers satin black but would like to know what everyone else's opinion is on it. I would remove the assembly bolts and powder coat the whole wheel satin black and leave the bolts polished. What do you think?
y8ebyqaq.jpg

peheqedu.jpg

SonicBlur2003

U.S.C.G.
Established Member
Might look good. Im still waiting to see an all black set including the lip of the rim. I cant afford these so i like seeing what other people do.

JuStAkId

Just roll with it
Established Member
I would leave them like they are but that's just my opinion

Off your op topic but how is your tint in your back window at the top? Do you have a picture of it?

mcallister

Established Member
The tint is pretty bad on the top in the back, it's starting to pull up. It was on there when I bought the car, I'm going to have to get it redone.

JuStAkId

Just roll with it
Established Member
The tint is pretty bad on the top in the back, it's starting to pull up. It was on there when I bought the car, I'm going to have to get it redone.

My tint person said the only way to fix it is at the top is to put black vinyl stuff or to paint it with this one stuff. I don't know exactly what stuff he said to use or the proper names of all the stuff. He started talking about it and I said it looks good enough for me. It is like reflective/white on the outside right where all the dots are from the defrost right?

JuStAkId

Just roll with it
Established Member
Yeah it is. The guy that has done all my other vehicles doesn't have that problem. I'm not sure what he does different.

The guy I have has done like 4 of my family vehicles and some of my friends and have never had a problem until now. He said there is nothing you can do besides what I listed above. He said the tint wont stick to the top part. Who knows i'm not a tint expert. Let me know when you have it done and what he does/how it turns out

T0RCH3D

Established Member
The guy I have has done like 4 of my family vehicles and some of my friends and have never had a problem until now. He said there is nothing you can do besides what I listed above. He said the tint wont stick to the top part. Who knows i'm not a tint expert. Let me know when you have it done and what he does/how it turns out

To answer you question, the only fix for this is to adhere a black vinyl strip there. I have the same on my car and will be getting it fixed. The ford matrix strips (dotting) keeps makes that appearance, same with the windshield and rear quarter windows.

As for the OP, I think it would good if matte/gloss black. I would plastidip first to make sure you like it.

Last edited:

JuStAkId

Just roll with it
Established Member
To answer you question, the only fix for this is to adhere a black vinyl strip there. I have the same on my car and will be getting it fixed. The ford matrix strips (dotting) keeps makes that appearance, same with the windshield and rear quarter windows.

As for the OP, I think it would good if matte/gloss black. I would plastidip first to make sure you like it.

I listed that in an above post along with another way.
Just wanted to make sure nothing was wrong with my tint and that others had the same problem. Like said above as well I'm no tint expert lol

Sorry for messing up your thread mcallister

y2kpony

Established Member
Yeah I think I will plastidip them first. Prob going to do it this weekend

that might be a good idea. if you have them painted then its done and there not cheap wheels. I think they would look cool with black centers, polished lips and polished bolts and center caps. get the black powder coated lug nuts to.:rockon:

03cobra60

Established Member
I think those wheels would look great against the color and detail of your car if they were Black Chrome. I just don't know if the can spray they sell at some of the parts stores is any good!

Evo2SVT

Established Member
Hell yea looks badass. Powder coat them or PlastiDip them all so you have the option to go back

Users who are viewing this thread