Need your opinion on choice of springs please!

cheetah25291

Established Member
Hey guys, so I just picked up a 2014 Mustang 5.0 with the track pack, and I can't even begin explain how happy I am with the car so far. I am looking to spend around $250 for some new springs or a lower price on some that have been barely used. I want springs mainly because I want to get rid of that insane wheel gap, and make the car look more aggressive. I was wondering what the best choices might be in that price range. All of your input will help guys thanks!

Jabooh1

Established Member
I have steeda boss springs. They will lower but not crazy. Will probably decrease comfort though. I heard BMR has good springs as well.

03machme

go on and mach me
Established Member
Depends how low you want to go. I have eibach sportlines and the drop is pretty big but my tires are shorter than stock so I wanted that. Take a look in the wheel and tire thread for more ideas on what will work best for you

todcp

Established Member
I also have a GT track pack. Congrats, awesome value.
The question you should consider is do you want to look better or drive better?
If drive better is more important then do yourself a favor. Dampers first. The stock dampers are crap. It only took a week to realize the dampers had to be replaced and sooner than later. Also if you lower or increase spring rate the crap dampers will be challenged and become even crappier. Koni SR.T are on sale for about 300 and an easy install.
If a street car the SR.T is very good and can be combined with springs that have a reasonable lowering spring rate for street Steeda Sport. With the Steeda Sport no need to change any other suspension parts so you have an under 600 dollar transformation with the Koni's and a bit "less wheel gap".

Zandura99

Almost there
Established Member
I went Eibach, Sportline and pro dampers because they matched well. Ride stock like on normal roads. I also did the adjust LCA and relo brackets, and my traction in a straight line is so much better. I would get super squirrely anytime in 1st, now hooks quite a bit better than before!
Ride is fine, even on rough roads with expansion joints. I have noticed on some rough roads (back roads with more unjulations) that its more stiff... gets into bump stop easier but we are talking 2+inches less in the rear. Looks like its on coilovers, but not as stiff... which was my goal with 100% better cornering. Completely flat in the corners.

SteveC

Established Member
I have Steeda Sport springs and they are good for a moderate drop but don't totally eliminate the wheel gap. They are good for handling (due to the linear rate) and I have no issues on speed bumps or rough roads.

I went Eibach, Sportline and pro dampers because they matched well. Ride stock like on normal roads. I also did the adjust LCA and relo brackets, and my traction in a straight line is so much better. I would get super squirrely anytime in 1st, now hooks quite a bit better than before!
Ride is fine, even on rough roads with expansion joints. I have noticed on some rough roads (back roads with more unjulations) that its more stiff... gets into bump stop easier but we are talking 2+inches less in the rear. Looks like its on coilovers, but not as stiff... which was my goal with 100% better cornering. Completely flat in the corners.

How does your car handle speed bumps with the sportlines? I was thinking I need more drop but I have to drive over speed bumps every day at work and don't want to be scraping.

Zandura99

Almost there
Established Member
not sure yet, at work they roll out the temp speed bumps which are pretty abrupt in the next few weeks. The speed bumps at the park where the kids play soccer are just fine, super slow but no rub. They are pretty low speed bumps though, the roll out temp ones are going to be the test.....

Zandura99

Almost there
Established Member
here is the car:

13946180388_455e9f52b0_b.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread