Need your advice, quiet exhaust.

JASPERSVT

BOOST, my anti drug.
Established Member
What i have on my car is off road X pipe, with flowmaster welded into stock catback.
I am wanting to go with a very quiet setup, i dont even know if i can do this, but need the info i dont know.

Ive heard magnaflow is what i should get but :shrug:

SLPRCTM

Established Member
Magnaflow or Borla (not the stingers) along with the stock h-pipe or an after market mid-pipe with cats. Mine is pretty quiet. My neighbors don't usually hear me pull up and I don't try to be quiet. I had the Borla set-up before and it sounded good and kept things on a neighbor-friendly level. Those flow-masters probably drone like mad for you. When I purchased my cobra, the previous owner had some flow-masters welded into the stock cat-back. Had to drive the car home on a 6.5 hour trip. Those came off asap! My current set-up is a Magnaflow catted x-pipe along with a custom made FR-500 cat back. (had to make my own because it was discontinued a few years back). It is a pretty interesting set-up. The mufflers are dual-mode along with a second "x" after the mufflers right under the differential. The mufflers have a valve inside that stays closed to keep things quiet under 3500 rpm and automatically opens by way off back pressure in the upper rpm range. Quiet around town but screams when you get on it. It also gives off minimal drone.

03DOHC

Established Member
With the factory H and Magnaflow or Borla mufflers and that's a little louder than stocl.

With an aftermarket catted x it starts to get loud but it is on the quieter side of the exhaust choices (I think it is loud some people think it isn't). You can add bassani baffles wrapped in fiberglass motorcycle exhaust packing in the 3 1/2" magnaflow tips and that will quiet it down a lot but you will still make good power.

My combo was magnaflow catted x, magnaflow cat-back and bassani baffles in the tips with lots of fiberglass. The baffles in the tips really work to quiet it down and it gets even quieter when you add the fiberglass packing. I know the baffles fit in the magnaflow tips but I have no idea if they fit in the borla tips.

Lloyd Xmas

*The Office* Junkie
Established Member
I took out 2 of the 4 cats, installed an x pipe, welded in Flowmaster Super 40s and 4 inch tips with no baffles...perfect and no resonance.

snakerider

SVT-DROP
Established Member
On my cobra I have JBA shorty headers,Mac highflow catted h-pipe and FR500 catback. It's really quiet. can hardly tell I have full exhaust on it. The only thing I hear when I get on it is the eaton.

ZZR

Kickin it in a Termie
Established Member
If your looking for quiet, as suggested put the stock H pipe back on.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
When I bought my car it had the M58 FR 500 catback and it was whisper quiet!! Ugly to look at from the rear but if quiet is what you want, it is your best bet.

Brandon03Cobra

On a Boat..
Established Member
I had a prochamber and the 14858 borla catback and it was not loud at all except when you wanted it to be and still then it wasn't loud loud. I went to this setup from a mac 3" with the same prochamber so maybe it wasn't as quiet as some would think.

Users who are viewing this thread