Need turbo help on hellion kit

HELLION

Established Member
03 cobra 76mm hellion kit only when i get on it hard the intake in front of the turbo and the mass air will fill with oil what will cause this do i need to vent the crank case better ?

TRBO VNM

hmm, how much? I know I had some, but it wasn't too bad. you have Dave's old car right?

couple things you can try that I thought about and one thing I am going to do.

I put the jlt prefilters on both valve covers. my car isn't done, so I don't know how this will perform.

the other thing I will try if that doesn't work is routing the driver side valve cover to the port on the back of the intake by the t-body. you would need to run a T fitting because there is a hose going to that port from the passenger side fender. then the line off the passenger side valve cover I would put right into the intake tube like it is now. this would be very similar to the factory setup. may still need the hlt prefilter or a oil separator, but I am not 100% sure since I haven't tried these. so far I haven't seen any others post about this and haven't seen it cause any issues. some could also be blow by as well. that is common with boosted cars, but the worse it gets means the oil is getting by the rings.

HELLION

Established Member
its not getting worse not that much and it is coming from the pcv going to the intake tube and yes its daves old car thanks

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
You can also route it into a catch can with a breather. You would be venting to atmosphere with no oil mess. Something like this or similar

JazCanFL.jpg

Last edited:

TRBO VNM

nice Dave. where did you find it? I wouldn't vent it to the ground. between getting it splattered on the car, what happens going down the track? I can show pics of first hand experience of what happens when someone lays fluids on the track.

SVTboy

Established Member
This is what I have, similar to what Juiced46 posted but the one I'm using has AN fittings, so far its working out good, I can take more pics if needed...

IMG_1595.jpg

IMG_1642.jpg

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
TRBO VNM said:
nice Dave. where did you find it? I wouldn't vent it to the ground. between getting it splattered on the car, what happens going down the track? I can show pics of first hand experience of what happens when someone lays fluids on the track.

I just did a quick search for breather catch can. My buddy runs one on his Turbo Fox and its a great idea and works awsome. Thats where I got the idea from Tons of companies make them, Moroso, Canton, Greddy etc etc. They range from like $50-$200+ depending on if you want AN fittings etc etc.

Users who are viewing this thread