Need Track Advise for 2.93" Pullied Cobra with Drag Radials

Chas

Established Member
I've got my best times shifting at 6200 on all the shifts and my best 60' times with 15 PSI on BFG DRs with no more than 3500 RPM clutch slip. If you haven't had your Cobra at the track yet your going to need a few runs to get the feel for it. It should be a close race lets us know how you do.

Blown408 86GT

94GT 617 rwhp fun machine
Established Member
Rick James said:
EXACTLY what he said. I just drove my 2.93 upper only (w/ catback and CAI) to a 12.4@115 on street tires with a 2.0 60ft. It was my first time with this car at the track, but I would think you would need to drive the hell out of it/get lucky to have a chance. Get a 4lb lower b4 the race, should be good for 11.8's all day. Good luck. :beer:

Dang...either the conditions you race at suck (altitude, weather etc.) or you might want to try handing the keys to someone a little more skill at driving...My Cobra with just a CAI , catback and street tires was running 12.4@115s...
With a 2.93 I was trapping 118...

Rick James

Got Brimley???
Established Member
Blown408 86GT said:
Dang...either the conditions you race at suck (altitude, weather etc.) or you might want to try handing the keys to someone a little more skill at driving...My Cobra with just a CAI , catback and street tires was running 12.4@115s...
With a 2.93 I was trapping 118...

:bored: For starters I was on 35 series 18" street tires. No IRS brace or any other supporting mods, so I wasn't launching the car AT ALL (2.0x 60ft times :bash: ). It's all about the tire and launch with these cars, so you must just be a better driver than me if you are cutting 1.7 or better 60' times (which you MUST be) on street tires. Haven't seen many people do that. I can almost assure you that you are not rowing gears that much faster than me.

Blown408 86GT

94GT 617 rwhp fun machine
Established Member
Rick James said:
:bored: For starters I was on 35 series 18" street tires. No IRS brace or any other supporting mods, so I wasn't launching the car AT ALL (2.0x 60ft times :bash: ). It's all about the tire and launch with these cars, so you must just be a better driver than me if you are cutting 1.7 or better 60' times (which you MUST be) on street tires. Haven't seen many people do that. I can almost assure you that you are not rowing gears that much faster than me.

2.0 60ft on street tires, stock suspension, no trickery...even the spare in the trunk.....

As I said, CAI+catback here in LA gets you a 12.4@115 with the above 60 ft. I'm not the only Cobra doing this amazing feat...might want to check your tune or something???

Last edited:

ls1eater

Established Member
Blown408 86GT said:
2.0 60ft on street tires, stock suspension, no trickery...even the spare in the trunk.....

As I said, CAI+catback here in LA gets you a 12.4@115 with the above 60 ft. I'm not the only Cobra doing this amazing feat...might want to check your tune or something???
+1

Rick James

Got Brimley???
Established Member
ls1eater said:

Don't know what to tell you boys. If you are cutting the same 60' times and still running that much faster, than your car must just be stronger than mine. My tune is not the problem. Personally, I have not seen any stock (CB/CAI) Terrmy's run 12.4@115 with a 2.x 60' time. Now b4 everyone chimes in with how fast they are, I am just saying I have not personally seen it.

ls1eater

Established Member
Rick James said:
Don't know what to tell you boys. If you are cutting the same 60' times and still running that much faster, than your car must just be stronger than mine. My tune is not the problem. Personally, I have not seen any stock (CB/CAI) Terrmy's run 12.4@115 with a 2.x 60' time. Now b4 everyone chimes in with how fast they are, I am just saying I have not personally seen it.
There are plenty of posts where people are running very low 12's with intake exhuast and nittos......In fact one guy(forgot his name) was running mid 11's with stock pulley.......

RED2003COBRA

Established Member
Well, finally got my car to the track to run my buddies H/C/LT C-5 that also has 3.90 gears that I've mentioned in the start of this thread. We were able to line up together for two out of my 3 runs today and the results were a little suprising. 1st run (my first ever in this car) I had a 1.757 60' to his 1.799, then I had a 7.726 1/8 to his 7.764, followed by a 10.018 1000' time to his 10.025. The finish was me 12.06/104 mph to his 11.9/120 mph because I MISSED MY FREAKING 3-4 GEAR SHIFT!!! I had a good 11.xx run on my first ever run and messed it up and a great race. I was so freaking mad. The next time we lined up I bogged really bad during the launch, but technically I won since he red lighted. He ran a 11.88/119 to my 12.47/117mph due to my launching problems. My final run ended up with severe wheel hop that I had to lift out of and ended up running a sad 12.75/112 mph missing 4th gear again:cuss: It was a lot of fun finally running my car, but I guess I need to work on my driving skills. I smooth aggresive clutch slip from 3000 rpm netted my my first runs 1.757 60' time so I know what to try next time at the track. On my second run I tried lower rpm and clutch dump which gave me the bog and my final 3500 rpm near clutch dump resulted in wheel hop. I guess on the bright side I got some driving experience and know my car is 11.xx capable. I also didn't break anything, unfortunatly another 03 cobra there broke a half shaft:( Sorry about the long read.

Lance

Users who are viewing this thread