Need to Port my '00R lower

CCM302

Established Member
I want to port/polish my R lower but don't want to put in the hands of any ole person. Can any one recommend someone (in the southeast preferably...I'm in SC) that they have had a good experience with in regards to this?

CCM302

Established Member
na svt is the guy you want he is a member on here and done many 00r lower intakes.

Thank you sir. I've chatted with him before but didn't realize that that was another of his specialties.

Which 2000 R do you own?
I don't. I just have a lower that I bought off of someone years ago. It will sit atop a good home though. 5.8 GT motor.

CCM302

Established Member
What is it you want done?

There you are. The one I have has a partial polish job (and by that I mean it looks like he started on one runner and stopped). And possibly needs to be port matched. I need to verify that part though.

CCM302

Established Member
BTW, a 500rwhp goal for a 358 is pretty low.

I was initially thinking more, but then based on the numbers I had seen others producing with similar setups, I thought better of it. Just out of curiousity, what would you consider a reasonable goal? Also, let's talk prices and the like for my intake. We can continue that conversation in a PM if you prefer.

flattrack53

Established Member
Im curious to hear your thoughts and pricing to make an R make 500hp. I know its easily obtainable as my 5.0 coyote fox will make well into the 500's on a stock bore.

My cobra r stock made 330/339
With a tune and bruces intake it made 379/395

With your work, what power increases are you seeing with the part below.

+long tubes
+Cams
+ported heads
+ported long and upper intake manifolds

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
Im curious to hear your thoughts and pricing to make an R make 500hp. I know its easily obtainable as my 5.0 coyote fox will make well into the 500's on a stock bore.

+long tubes
+Cams
+ported heads

Ccm302 has 358 cubic inches which is the reason he can make over 500.

A stock Cobra R with cams, 90mm maf, and 1 3/4" headers can make 430rwhp

Last edited:

CCM302

Established Member

+long tubes
+Cams
+ported heads

A 358 with just about everything you can do. Cams, custom long tube kooks, the R intake, stage 3 ported GT heads with oversized exhaust valves, 11.1 CR, etc

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
I don't (have a 00R). I just have a lower that I bought off of someone years ago. It will sit atop a good home though. 5.8 GT motor.

I get it. You have a 2000R lower intake that you plan to modify for a new 5.8L engine?

How will you tune the computer system so you get 500 Hp? You are sure the same (ported) gaskets will work?

Can you make a quick picture of the intake along with the 5.8L engine? I need to understand this modification.

Thanks.

CCM302

Established Member
I get it. You have a 2000R lower intake that you plan to modify for a new 5.8L engine?

How will you tune the computer system so you get 500 Hp? You are sure the same (ported) gaskets will work?

Can you make a quick picture of the intake along with the 5.8L engine? I need to understand this modification.

Thanks.

To answer in order, yes. The guy who built the engine and Rick at Amazon are good friends. I'm sure there will be some sort of collaboration. The cam specs are unknown to me, but it is my understanding that Rick can obtain them. I think they will work. I'm just using v6 escape gaskets between the intake and heads.

20130801_213558_zpsb5ckvhrf.jpg

20130801_213655_zpsa1cc3a63.jpg

Hope that helps.

Users who are viewing this thread