Need stock tune file!

Black_Snake

Established Member
In need of a stock tune file for 03-04 cobra for SCT tuner if anybody has one. I don't have the time to sit on hold with them during the day and I am trying to get this done before this weekend. Thanks in advance!!

Black_Snake

Established Member
I cant load my tune for my 2.76 without having the stock tune. I switched to a different pulley set up for my cross country trip. I left my old tuner out in the sun and fried it unfortunately. so now I have a new tuner, and unable to use it

cj428mach

Established Member
I cant load my tune for my 2.76 without having the stock tune. I switched to a different pulley set up for my cross country trip. I left my old tuner out in the sun and fried it unfortunately. so now I have a new tuner, and unable to use it

I don't think you can just load a stock tune file. I believe you need the stock tune for your car so you have the correct pats information. I know when my handheld got bricked after an update SCT told they had to "build" the tune for my car and it would take like 20-30 mins.

I had backed up the stock tune so they took it and went to work "building". They called me back a little bit later to tell me the tune was ready and they loaded it.

01yellercobra

Established Member
I was always under the impression the SCT hand held doesn't know it's not a stock tune. It'll just hold your current tune in the spot reserved for the stock tune.

cj428mach

Established Member
I was always under the impression the SCT hand held doesn't know it's not a stock tune. It'll just hold your current tune in the spot reserved for the stock tune.

I'm pretty sure thats true.

I think Malcolm said he was in the same boat one time maybe he'll chime in. The handheld just takes whatever tune is off the car and holds it.

TRBO VNM

All that will happen is the new flasher and your new tune for your mods will load into the car. It will pull the current tune off the car assuming it is the "stock" tune.

Couple options you have if you really want to start over as if the car has the stock tune in it, find a local tuner that can directly flash your computer without the use of a handheld flasher.

The other option that I know of is yes, find a stock tune file and have that in your handheld. Load it in the car as if you were loading any other tune. So then the tune on the car would be stock. Contact SCT and see if they can remote in and reset the xcal as if it was a new unmarried flasher.

What I would do is contact SCT and explain your situation and see what they can do. I know you don't want to sit on hold, but that might be the best want to accomplish what you want to do. Or don't even bother and just get a tune for your mods and load it in.

You can also try emailing them and see if you receive a faster response.

Black_Snake

Established Member
thanks for the info guys. I was damn sure that my problem was that I didn't have the stock tune. when I go to use my tuner, it gives me the unable to unlock vehicle error.

Users who are viewing this thread