Need someone in Southern CT w/ 03/04 Cobra

Vinchenzo51

Established Member
Hey guys, I sold my Cobra a little while back, and got into a different project. But, I want to have a little fun and get a Cobra wheel setup for my new project car. What I'd like to do is run a set of Cobra wheels on this car, but I don't know if the offset and backspacing will work at all for this car.

I need someone local with a Termi to swing by so I can test fit one of the wheels to make sure the offset will work before I order the wheels I want. I'll take care of all the work, I'll take care of the beer situation and pay for gas, all I need is to bolt the wheel up, lower my car, and make sure it doesn't stick out 6" past the fender! lol.

Anyone local, shoot me a PM so we can meet up.

Vinchenzo51

Established Member
I hope so. ^

Everyone loves pictures, so here is the car in question if thats motivation for anyone. Not that its a common taste amongst the SVT folks, but I needed something AWD for the winters up here.

6774168089_e61e89d5c1_b.jpg

I could settle for someone measuring the distance from the back of the hub face to the outermost edge of the inside lip. I'll cross reference the measurement with my current 18x9.5's.

I just want to make sure I have enough backspacing room on these wheels.

Pics of the old Cobra for shits nd giggles.

web.jpg

Vinchenzo51

Established Member
You want a cobra set up on your A6? I like the set up in the pic just fine.

Yeah, those wheels in the Audi community are flooded, I hate feeling like I copied dozens of people for that setup. And they are cheapo wheels. I've since sold them for a set of OZ Superleggera's for a nice lightweight track setup. But I still want something for show/DD

I would I have 18x9 on the front

Do you have the matching 18x10.5's in the rear? Thats exactly the setup i'm going to be running. (Obviously much smaller tire sizes, but same rim sizes)

Are you along the shore line? I can drive to you if your not near me, I don't want to inconvenience you, but i'd love to bolt these wheels up to see what I'm working with.

Shot you a PM :beer:

Hope this helps...
DSC01329.gif

Specs for the 04 COBRA say backspacing is 26mm or 6.12

That actually does help. I'm going to cross this measurement with my winter wheels.

Users who are viewing this thread