Need some positive thoughts.

svtcop

Pain Don't Hurt
Established Member
Damn. He should appreciate life a little more after this.

He damn well better. He's not gonna get too many chances like this.

I'm glad it was a tree he hit and no one else for his lack of judgement.

Aren't we all. My wife is so pissed right now she wants to go punch him in his face. I couldn't imagine if he hurt someone besides himself.

And shouldn't it be .00 for under 21? what am I missing here?

You're missing what the law says maybe. :shrug:

Serves 'em right.

I'm not sure why some people are spared when it comes to things like this but he got lucky. It will probably be some time before we talk after this so I will look for vast improvement when we do. He has a lot of growing up to do.

I'm getting messages from my old high school buddies who are medics that responded to the scene. They are asking how he is doing. I just thank them for what they do.

ItsReal93

Established Member
Wow! Thank god no one was with him. This is horrible but I'm glad he's ok. We all make mistakes, some worse than others. At some point we all have a grow up moment and hopefully he will learn from this as next time it could be much worse! Hoping and praying that he recovers well!

va boy

Established Member
Glad no one else was hurt, glad he mad it out alive. Hopefully this will help him to turn over a new leaf!
We have all done stupid things, those scars are gonna be a permanent reminder to not make that mistake again, hopefully!

svtcop

Pain Don't Hurt
Established Member
Was he in the wrong? YES. Are you heartless with that statement? YES.

I disagree with you and he is talking about my brother in law. I've known him since he was seven years old. It kills me to see his self destructive behavior.

But blade is right. You play with fire you're gonna get burned. Nothing heartless about it. It's up to him to turn his life around after this second chance.

No excuses. I'm a tough love type of guy.

joeg215

Readin posts, rollin eyes
Established Member
Hopefully they dont charge him with anything. I think looking in the mirror is going to be enough of a determent for a good while.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Damn. He should appreciate life a little more after this.

I think SVTcop should do a Taxi to DUI cost comparo for his little bro-in-law. By time he gets his face fixed, the truck repaid/insurance goes up/court costs ect I bet that Taxi is looking a lot more cost effective. We have all done stupid things at one time or another, at least he will have a cool scar he can tell stories about.

Last edited by a moderator:

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
he is lucky he didn't kill himself, now go give him a hug then start kicking him in the ass until he realizes how lucky he is he didn't kill somebody else

Stinger2011

Established Member
It's bad that he wrecked, but atleast he didn't kill anybody or himself.

at least he will have a cool scar he can tell stories about.

Last time I tried to talk to a lady to make her feel better about her own scar, I showed her the scar across my throat. Her reaction? "EWWWhahaha."

All year long it's, "You sick are somethin', son?", "You sound hoarse.", or "What happened to your throat, son?". Not cool. I used to tell people, but now I just f'ing ignore em. Lol.

Maybe it'll be different for him, but it's been a giant weight on my shoulders since i got it. Sometimes I wish I was dead simply because I have to repeat myself every time I say something or people can't hear me wherever I go so I have to sit by myself and smile whenever they finally ask me why i'm being so quiet.

thepizz

OP is a good person
Established Member
I disagree with you and he is talking about my brother in law. I've known him since he was seven years old. It kills me to see his self destructive behavior.

But blade is right. You play with fire you're gonna get burned. Nothing heartless about it. It's up to him to turn his life around after this second chance.

No excuses. I'm a tough love type of guy.

Your thread is "Needs Some Positive Thoughts". The statement Blade made is completely opposite of positive. Anyway, not my business. I'm glad he is alive and has another shot at "doing" life the right way.

5point0guy

Established Member
Pretty nasty wreck. Good thing it wasn't a lot worse. I was charged with alcohol related reckless driving a little over a year ago. I left a bar, rolled through a stop sign, and a cop saw me and pulled me over. I blew a .09. I paid my fees, went to the classes, went without a license and then spent a long time on a restricted license. I will never drink and drive again, that is a fact. I completely learned my lesson. If I have one drink I am not driving anywhere for the rest of the day/night. It's just not worth it. I am actually kind of glad I was caught and got a reality check, because if I didn't get pulled over I would have continued to drink and drive. OP, I hope your brother has a speedy recovery and realizes that he needs to change.

ModularFan

Established Member
It's bad that he wrecked, but atleast he didn't kill anybody or himself.

Last time I tried to talk to a lady to make her feel better about her own scar, I showed her the scar across my throat. Her reaction? "EWWWhahaha."

All year long it's, "You sick are somethin', son?", "You sound hoarse.", or "What happened to your throat, son?". Not cool. I used to tell people, but now I just f'ing ignore em. Lol.

Maybe it'll be different for him, but it's been a giant weight on my shoulders since i got it. Sometimes I wish I was dead simply because I have to repeat myself every time I say something or people can't hear me wherever I go so I have to sit by myself and smile whenever they finally ask me why i'm being so quiet.

Iam guessing whatever happened, cut your vocal cords ever so slightly?

svtcop

Pain Don't Hurt
Established Member
I think SVTcop should do a Taxi to DUI cost comparo for his little bro-in-law. By time he gets his face fixed, the truck repaid/insurance goes up/court costs ect I bet that Taxi is looking a lot more cost effective. We have all done stupid things at one time or another, at least he will have a cool scar he can tell stories about.

By the time he's done paying for all this shit he could have bought a taxi and personal driver.

Wow - sucks to be him. Hope this bad decision making streak has come to an end. He'll have a permanent reminder of why taxis are a good option.

He lives is a rural area, no taxi service. Except for the fact that his mom, dad or older brother would have gladly picked his ass up. Anytime no matter what, he has a supportive family.

he is lucky he didn't kill himself, now go give him a hug then start kicking him in the ass until he realizes how lucky he is he didn't kill somebody else

He will get my boot soon enough.

Pretty nasty wreck. Good thing it wasn't a lot worse. I was charged with alcohol related reckless driving a little over a year ago. I left a bar, rolled through a stop sign, and a cop saw me and pulled me over. I blew a .09. I paid my fees, went to the classes, went without a license and then spent a long time on a restricted license. I will never drink and drive again, that is a fact. I completely learned my lesson. If I have one drink I am not driving anywhere for the rest of the day/night. It's just not worth it. I am actually kind of glad I was caught and got a reality check, because if I didn't get pulled over I would have continued to drink and drive. OP, I hope your brother has a speedy recovery and realizes that he needs to change.

You learned yours a little easier, but lesson learned all the same.

Thanks for the wishes.

Machdup1

Established Member
I hope he has a speedy recovery. On the bright side he did not hurt anyone else and completely ruin his future. All things considered he was very lucky.

Is his behavior that evening normal or did he just make a bad decision? If it is normal behavior, tough love is in order.

If he is otherwise a decent young man who made a poor choice, you might consider just having a couple of man to young man chats with him as he heals. The pain, loss of a vehicle and legal fees are lesson enough to a decent person.

At his age he is still fighting the inexperience of youth when making decisions. It is our job as older adults to counsel people like him on how to make correct decisions.

Walk him through his decision making process that evening and have him show you each of his bad decisions that lead up to the crash. Then walk him through all of the consequences of his decisions.

You might also show up with with some cases where a otherwise good young person drove drunk and hurt someone and ended up incarcerated for their poor decisions. Let him read them before you start the discussion.

Users who are viewing this thread