• Spend twice as much for the M6

Votes: 11 22.0%
  • Take the M3

Votes: 39 78.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

VEE EIGHT

Banned
Alright so my father is in the market for another bimmer (huge BMW fan). He really wants to get into a new M6, but has been a bit squimish about the price tag ($102K). Well tonight we played around with a new M3 on the highway and now he wants to consider one. It moved out pretty damn well and sounded like pure sex.

I guess my question is whether you would shell out $100+K for 500HP or settle for 420HP and only $55K for the M3. Personally, I'd take the M6 without question, but it isn't my bank account that is going to take the hit.

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
Tell your Pop to spend $55K get the M3 put another $15-20k in aftermarket turbos and bolt-ons and he'll be walking the piss outta that M6.

Last edited:

BDF8

UF Alum. GO GATORS
Established Member
M6 is Sex on wheels. Black on black with deep dish wheels? This shouldn't even be a poll.

T-Bolt

Official 'ring tow rig...
Established Member
M3. The M6 looks like a turd to me. The M3 does too, but much less so. The sedan doesn't look bad.

sharkbite

Filthy
Established Member
M3 with a little Dinan treatment and your pop will still have plenty of cash to spare. However, the M6 will be quite a bit more exclusive.

sharkbite

Filthy
Established Member
Same thread, different cars. People always asking the "should I get a Corvette or a Cobra" question. Different in many ways. Get whatever tickles your dick.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
M3 with a little Dinan treatment and your pop will still have plenty of cash to spare. However, the M6 will be quite a bit more exclusive.

around here i see waaaay more M6s than M3s (new ones), but that's probably because the M6 has been out for a lot longer....

i think the M6 is kinda :dw: looking. but its more of a luxo barge than the M3 which is a much smaller car. does your dad want a BIG car or a tiny car? that, and the price tag, is the main consideration..

and it would behoove your pops to find a year old model on either. still under warranty but im sure they'd be WAAAAAAAY less considering the market. right now a lot of luxo car owners are trying to dump them since many could barely afford them to begin with. :read:

man, my dad and his gf have purchased 2 new vehicles in the past few years. one was a Kia Sedona and the other was a Yaris :bored: i could NEVER see them buying an M anything lol. theyre the "point A to point B" types :rollseyes

T-Bolt

Established Member
and it would behoove your pops to find a year old model on either. still under warranty but im sure they'd be WAAAAAAAY less considering the market. right now a lot of luxo car owners are trying to dump them since many could barely afford them to begin with. :read:

QFT. Last year a friend of mine bought an M5 for well under 50k, and it was mint with low miles. The car was 80 or 90 new, and maybe 2 years old when he got it. German luxury cars have the worst resale value ever.

sharkbite

Filthy
Established Member
QFT. Last year a friend of mine bought an M5 for well under 50k, and it was mint with low miles. The car was 80 or 90 new, and maybe 2 years old when he got it. German luxury cars have the worst resale value ever.

Actually, I think Hyundai's and Saturn's have that distinction.

T-Bolt

Established Member
Actually, I think Hyundai's and Saturn's have that distinction.

Maybe percentage-wise, but when you spend 12k on a car, when you lose 3k on depreciation in a year, it's a big percentage. These people are losing enough money to buy a Hyundai every three months of ownership.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread