Need some input on parts

04TorchedSVT

Established Member
Over the past two years i have pretty much neglected my cobra by letting it sit in my garage while life happened but now I'm in a position to finally fix a few things that need fixing. So i have been out of the terminator world for along time and Im curious to the best brands and parts places now.

First I am going to put a new clutch in and it currently has a spec stage 3 which I like but it is a little stiff. My question is do i replace it with another spec or is their better options on a more forgiving yet strong clutch. I also am looking at the ford racing HD throwout bearing along with a D&D input shaft and hardened sleeve. Are these good choices that will hold up to some drag strip action.

Second I plan on replacing my seeping stock rear diff cover with the ford racing one that you can find on lethal performance. Is this a quality cover that will finally stop my leak rear diff?

I would appreciate all the input I could get because i would hate to buy some crappy parts and have to replace these again.

TRBO VNM

On the clutch, I really like the promotion powertrain setup. I am running their 650hp version. price is right and is smooth engagement like factory but very light. Others on here are really liking the Mcleod RXT twin disc as well.

The cover isn't the reason it is leaking, well, not usually unless it is cracked. The problem is the type of sealant ford used on it. You can pick up a new stronger cover like the ford racing or the LPW or you can stick with factory and use the IRS brace. Up to you. The trick is sealing it properly. Search the driveline forum and there is a lot of info in there recently on all of this info.

Users who are viewing this thread