need some input about my terminator

mmustangsrus

boost makes daddy happy
Established Member
i ned some input guys please !!

ok i love my 03-vert so i`m kinda torn on what to do. ( part it or fix it )

ok back in may of this year my car got flooded it was only the front half though the water level got up above the motor completely but not all the way up under the dash
( cause the car was jacked up with the rear end was out for the F.T.B.R. instal )

though we had it sort of running 3 days after the flood waters went down. the motor is in good shape. but my main concern is with the interior wiring & hvac system in it should i just get a new harness or keep mine ? reason i ask is all the connectors when i took the dash out looks great inside them should i put dielectric grease on them & not worry about them or should i just buy a whole new harness ?

speedyal

Established Member
I would think if you took them apart and were in good shap and put dielectric grease on them they should be fine , the harness should be ok as long as there were no nicks in any of the wiring were water could get in then all should be good , if you think about it the wiring they use on the inside of the car is same as used under car wich gets wet when it rains todays connecters are alot more water tight then older cars so if you take then apart clean them and put some dielectric grease on them you should be just fine . As far as the A/C system might want to take the heater box out if water got in it and clean with bleach just in case so mold doesn't start to grow ,as long as you have the dash out and apart .

d4a3m2o1n

Banned
totally off topic but did insurance total the car and you buy it back from them? i didnt know this, but if you total your car you can buy it back from the insurance company for really cheap.. my friend totaled his 05 evo 8, (got rear ended) got 18k from the insurance company, bought the totaled evo back from them for only 2k and sold it for 8k..
someone who owned a body shop picked it up and fixed it for about 4 and made out with a nice evo, and my friend made out with a even nicer evo (upgraded to an 06 evo 9 mr se)

I have never been in a wreck (knock-on-wood) but if i did i would almost rather my car be totaled.. they are never the same after fixed (so i've heard from many) and you can just buy it back from the insurance company and either sell it crashed or part it out.. whichever route you chose, you get what your car is really worth not what the insurance is willing to pay.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I would think you're okay on the wiring. You mentioned that your "had it running sort of" what did you mean?

mmustangsrus

boost makes daddy happy
Established Member
I would think you're okay on the wiring. You mentioned that your "had it running sort of" what did you mean?

i meant that we had it barely running cause i didnt have a set of good c.o.p.`s a battery that wasnt water logged .
it would crank a couple times & run for a sec & then die off

Fat-cat

Established Member
I would not think twice about cleaning it up and putting it back togeather and driving the tits off it. As long as like said above you clean it up you should have no issues. As for the engine as long as you change the plugs / cop/ batt and i would buy a new mass air meter i think you would be good to go. I hope you changed the oil before you tried to start it :)

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
i meant that we had it barely running cause i didnt have a set of good c.o.p.`s a battery that wasnt water logged .
it would crank a couple times & run for a sec & then die off

Ah, okay. I had a feeling that was the case.

mmustangsrus

boost makes daddy happy
Established Member
I would not think twice about cleaning it up and putting it back togeather and driving the tits off it. As long as like said above you clean it up you should have no issues. As for the engine as long as you change the plugs / cop/ batt and i would buy a new mass air meter i think you would be good to go. I hope you changed the oil before you tried to start it :)
oooooo yea about 10 times LOL so far & yea i sucked the water out of the cylinders 1st & coated them with marvel mystery oil & manualy turned it over a couple times 1st & a couple times with out plugs & c.o.p.`s to push the rest out 1st then recoated the cylinders with more marvel.

Ah, okay. I had a feeling that was the case.
cool thanks bob then we were one the same page ! :beer:

Silver03Termi

Established Member
oooooo yea about 10 times LOL so far & yea i sucked the water out of the cylinders 1st & coated them with marvel mystery oil & manualy turned it over a couple times 1st & a couple times with out plugs & c.o.p.`s to push the rest out 1st then recoated the cylinders with more marvel.

cool thanks bob then we were one the same page ! :beer:

couple questions...

how did you suck the water out?
what is marvel mystery oil?
what is c.o.p.'s?

mmustangsrus

boost makes daddy happy
Established Member
couple questions...

how did you suck the water out? LOL two ways ! 1. turkey baster & sucked it out
2. took the plugs out & manualy turned the motor over by hand
3. then repeat & then pour marvel in the cylinders