Need some help

RiCe_KiLlEr

Established Member
Well I just got off the phone with my tuner. My car is idling really high (1800rpms). He made half a pull and the car made only 7psi and 350whp???? A coupler popped off and once that happened the car idled perfect. I have a fmic on it. With the piping hooked up it idles really high and when piping is disconnected it idles fine. Also I am pretty disappointed at the dyno pull. 350whp.... With all my mods I should be way higher than that. Mods are...

Mmr 4.75 shortblock
Mhs stage 2 heads with cms stage 3 blower cams
Edelbrock intake accufab plenum and tb
Vortech strim with fmic and Anderson power pipe. 3.12 pulley
L/t headers o/r h pipe flows dumped
Upgraded fuel system
And supporting mods

Also Another thing I forgot, I have a vortech max flow bypass valve. Do you think if I adjust the screw on it it will help with the idle? I've never touched the screw. While at idle barely any air comes out of it. Will adjusting the screw help it open up at idle and maybe fix my idle problem?

Can anyone help me out and tell me wtf is going on?? Also I got a pretty good oil leak comin from the rear of engine. When it rain it pours

RiCe_KiLlEr

Established Member
i saw that when searching. im gonna try and adjust the bypass valve. im just stumped. car idles fine when intercooler piping is off, but once the intercooler piping is hooked up the idle jumps to 1800 rpms. im not sure about my vacuum at idle. my tuner thinks it has something to do with the bypass valve to working correctly, im thinking it just needs to be adjusted

redfire04gt

Blown 2v
Established Member
I would agree with your tuner based on what you've said so far. As I mentioned the bypass should be wide open at idle.

Users who are viewing this thread