Need some help

03MIKE

Established Member
So I just bought my 04 Cobra and want to get exhaust for it. My question is can I just cut out the stock mufflers and weld in bassani mufflers? If so is that a good idea or should I just get a catback from bassani? What is the HP difference between welding in mufflers and getting a catback? Thanks for any help you can give me.

SSSNAKE03

WhippleCharged
Established Member
I would just get the catback, because I believe the stock exhaust is only 2.25'' and aftermarkets are usually 2 1/2

better air flow

03MIKE

Established Member
Thanks for the help guys. I want to run a mrt H pipe with cats, what catback do you think will sound good with it? I was thinking Bassani or Borla Stingers?

P.S I like my cars LOUD.

redfr03svtsnake

Import Killer since 03'
Established Member
Both of those are loud, but i have a Magnaflow catback and a catless hpipe, along with bassani headers- when i get on it the car is stupid loud.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
If you like it LOUD, consider the SLP Loudmouth (original) or Loudmouth II.

venmos1

Established Member
i dont think the loudmouth II is all that loud. the loudmouth I def. i think the lm2 is a lot like the stingers sound (from the clips ive heard). i run the lm2 with stock h and love it. cruising on highway 70-80 not loud at all. but if you get on it you and everyone around will hear it. best of both worlds imo. just stuck on which mid to run with it. thinking catted prochamber or catted mrt h. need more termies in the area so i can hear them in person.

Rick James

Got Brimley???
Established Member
venmos1 said:
i dont think the loudmouth II is all that loud. the loudmouth I def. i think the lm2 is a lot like the stingers sound (from the clips ive heard). i run the lm2 with stock h and love it. cruising on highway 70-80 not loud at all. but if you get on it you and everyone around will hear it. best of both worlds imo. just stuck on which mid to run with it. thinking catted prochamber or catted mrt h. need more termies in the area so i can hear them in person.

Might wanna consider Magnapacks also, talk about stupid loud. I also really like the sound of the Mac CB. +1 for the Prochamber BTW.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread