Need some help on what to do about my cars

HandBanana

Established Member
Rough crowd. Lol

No doubt. Harsh critics in here. But I have a little something to add to it:

Why the hell does your winter DD have 1300cc injectors and an E85 tune?? That thing has to suck on either 93 or E85 around town. As someone who has had two built STis in the past, i would NEVER do another one past TBE and a protune. That was the most fun I had with those cars, when they were at that power level. De-tune the Subie, fix the rust and get rid of the Honda and get a 4 cylinder version.

forbanger

Established Member
I'm not shore this is a serious question? It's obvious that you need to part ways with the Honda because by the time you replace the transmission and censers, you'll be'll lucky to brake even. It also sounds like you have invested more money into than it's worth, so I'd sell it and be done with it. Put whatever money you make into the STI so that small issues don't turn into bigger ones and when the time allows, deal with the rust and whatever issues it may have.

Edit: Sell everything and buy a SHO...

I'm shore he just wants some opinions so he doesn't have any ragrets in the end.

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
I'm shore he just wants some opinions so he doesn't have any ragrets in the end.
Your spelling of regerts is wrong, can't have issues like that ruin this perfect display of the Anglesh language we have going on here.

regerts.png.jpg

Snake Pliskin

Teen Idol
Established Member
Sell the Honda and dont spend a penny on the subie. DD the sti and get the wife a decent car. Dont leave you're wife driving a piece of shit. Bad mojo.

earl lee

Established Member
Im more shocked nobody has stolen the honda, those years of honda's were stupid easy to steal. They stole my sisters honda like 3 times before they wrecked and total it out.

mustangmike01

Established Member
dam you guys are brutal!! First off, auto correct, I'm using my phone. I never go back and check it.

I was just trying to get peoples opinions on this because I'm not shore what to do and it has be driving me crazy!

First off, I never said the sti was a beater or it was it bad shape.
sti.jpg
second yes i"m running 1300cc injectors. I have no problems with stop and go traffic. the car drives like stock. No I can't revert the car back to oem. because every part in the engine bay, including the engine is after market now. It started like the mustang. I went stage one then stage two for two years and then wanted more and more. I have never had a problem with reliability at all, Unlike the mustang. And I never said anything about mpg. The honda only gets around 22 mpg. My total drive to work and back home every day is only 25 miles. So I really do not care about mpg here.

I know the the 4cy honda last a long time. I do not know about the v6. That's why I asked.

My wife has a brand new 2015 subaru legacy. That's what she wanted and that's what I got her.

Well I do not live in a shitty neighborhood, plus I have a car cover on the honda.

Never_Enough

Established Member
Ditch the Honda & drive the STi. Tell your wife stop complaining about driving her car. It was built to be driven. I bet she has lots of shoes & purses...

LS2GTO

Established Member
No I can't revert the car back to oem.

No, but you can easily convert back to pump 93 gas and run smaller injectors for better mileage around town.

My buddy ran an aftermarket turbo STi with injectors and he was still getting 2-300 miles a tank driving back home every other weekend. So just becaue you have aftermarket components doesn't mean you can't go back to a semi-sensible solution. That is unless you are running a shit ton of compression and boost and the engine absolutely needs E85 gas...but even then you can detune it somewhat and be able to run pump 93 instead.

No you won't be able to get Prius numbers, or even close to what a stock STi gets...but you can certainly make it a helluva lot more manegeable than now.

Last edited:

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
Even running the STI as it sits, cost less than $50 every few days, on the high end that's about $2400 for the winter. Far cheaper than buying a beater or continuing to dump money into the Honda. Don't get why this is such a huge decision...

HandBanana

Established Member
No, but you can easily convert back to pump 93 gas and run smaller injectors for better mileage around town.

My buddy ran an aftermarket turbo STi with injectors and he was still getting 2-300 miles a tank driving back home every other weekend. So just becaue you have aftermarket components doesn't mean you can't go back to a semi-sensible solution. That is unless you are running a shit ton of compression and boost and the engine absolutely needs E85 gas...but even then you can detune it somewhat and be able to run pump 93 instead.

No you won't be able to get Prius numbers, or even close to what a stock STi gets...but you can certainly make it a helluva lot more manegeable than now.

Bingo!

Users who are viewing this thread