Need some help here... Car cranks but wont fire, story inside!

NVRL8TE

Death or Glory
Established Member
We all know how it is, having one dumb problem preventing you from having your car run mint....

Anything to help, man....

MG01GT

Established Member
Well again I appreciate it.... This has been one of the more frustrating things Ive delt with. Im fairly savvy with cars but hey even I have to eat humble pie once and a while and just ask. Ill let you know how the gasket trick works here in a little while:)

MG01GT

Established Member
Alright.. tried the gasket trick and got no love. Still has the same hanging high idle. Im starting think the TB itself might be the issue... I can't see TPS voltage causing it to hang like that... I could be wrong here but I can't say until late I have my volt meter.

01yellercobra

Established Member
Did you install the TPS correctly? If it's not positioned on the shaft correctly it might keep the blade open.

MG01GT

Established Member
Yeah I have double checked that thing a million times... it's in right... looks as though my TB is the culprit here.

MG01GT

Established Member
Any update?
No sir... still has the high idle all though it is slightly better. Main issue now is that when your driving and you come to a stop and the clutch goes in it shoots up to 2000 RPM and stays there..... Gone through vacuum lines, the IAC and ect and Im really leaning towards it being the TB. I have a stocker coming in the mail so I can verify it.

Users who are viewing this thread