Need some expert info on optimizing mt Vortech v3 setup

*Predator*

Established Member
Getting ready to install a Vortech v3 on my 2011 GT Auto. Car has long tubes, full off road x-pipe exhaust, ported Boss IM, BBK 85mm tb and a 5c circle D converter. Also the usual suspension mods.

I have the stock 3.6 pulley and the 3.33 pulley with the JLT competition inlet. Also installing a JMS v2 BAP and ID1000 injectors. AED will be tuning it as I am tuned by them now with the flex tune and have been very happy with Shauns work.

My question is this, which pulley should I run and should I run the TQ booster for maximum ET results even having a converter? Plan to have e85 in it also. Also RPM....right now it shifts at 7500 RPM. Not sure I feel comfortable taking it that high on boost especially having the piston cooling squirters. Heard they don't like that kinda RPM very much.

Also installing an OPG as well.

*Predator*

Established Member
What kinda psi should that be? What about with a 3.33 since I already have that one? Another question is how much psi is safe on a stock engine?

GBCoyote

Established Member
10psi spring should work for you in the wastegate. Regardless of the pulley size you use, it's only going to see 10lbs.

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
Since the v3 and 2200 are slightly different we always go with a 3.33 on a paxton and a 3.15 on a v3. Do a 3.15 and do either the 10psi spring or 11.6 psi spring.

I ran a 11.6 psi spring on my stock engine for a long time on e85. With a good tune it will last forever.

*Predator*

Established Member
Since the v3 and 2200 are slightly different we always go with a 3.33 on a paxton and a 3.15 on a v3. Do a 3.15 and do either the 10psi spring or 11.6 psi spring.

I ran a 11.6 psi spring on my stock engine for a long time on e85. With a good tune it will last forever.

Thanks for the info. I think I'll give that setup a try. Maybe start with the 10psi spring for now... Will the stock fuel system with ID1K's and a BAP be sufficient enough for that setup on e85? Also any ideas on the RPM question??

*Predator*

Established Member
My stock crank sprocket should be fine right? Won't see anymore boost then the sbe can handle and probably only 7000 rpm. Maybe 72 at most.

5lho

Established Member
It's your oil pump gears you need to be concerned about going over 7K or 10 pounds boost. Good to see you're getting at that.

*Predator*

Established Member
I was told a 3.3 would be fine with the jms and id1k's. So your saying the tq booster would change that? Remember this is a v3 not a Paxton. 3.3 is only one size down on the pulley.

GBCoyote

Established Member
Don't focus on the pulley size. The wastegate is going to limit your boost anyways. If the motor is going to see ethanol combined with boost, you need a fuel system. Can it be done with a BAP? Sure. You can screw a hooker and not get herpes. Do it enough times, however, you'll definitely regret not using protection in either case.

*Predator*

Established Member
Wastegate not going to have any benefit on a stock pulley tho. 3.33 is only one size down. Shouldn't need a fuel system for those levels. There's a lot of people running those psi levels with a bap. Stock is 3.6 pulley and Vortech only uses 47lb injectors and no bap so thats safe. 3.3 not that big of a jump let alone with the JMS and ID1000's. 3.15 /i'd assume fuel system needed.

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
You will barely see a improvement with a wastegate and 3.33 on a v3. That is why I said 3.15 pulley with a wastegate on a V3. As far as 3.15/wastegate/bap and ID1000's that's up to you and your tuner. Personally I would run a fuel system, but what do I know.

*Predator*

Established Member
You will barely see a improvement with a wastegate and 3.33 on a v3. That is why I said 3.15 pulley with a wastegate on a V3. As far as 3.15/wastegate/bap and ID1000's that's up to you and your tuner. Personally I would run a fuel system, but what do I know.

Well, to put it simply a fuel system is not in the budget at this time. Therefore I want to do the most with what I have currently. Fuel system maybe next year.

Users who are viewing this thread