Need some buying help on a terminator cobra

nl5882

Established Member
I hope its.ok to post here. Ive been looking for the last 4-6 months for a 2004 terminator coupe. Found a few and wasnt able to get doen and see them before they were sold. Do you guys thing 33k for a torch red or redfire coupe, under 4000 miles completely bone stock 1 owner car is a bad price? I know tgey arent the rarest colors, what do you guys think? Thanks.

Last edited:

Mbiro594

Established Member
If you have the money go for it, try and get it down to $30k all in but at the end of the day you'll own a rarity

Torch red for the win!

nl5882

Established Member
28k seems low for that low of mileage, can anyone else chime in. I got the trailer hooked up and going down tomorrow morning.

JuStAkId

Just roll with it
Established Member
28k is all I would pay and idk if I would even pay that. Hell I just saw a very clean redfire for sale with 33k miles on it with 2.9 whipple and supporting e85 mods for only 23k. Yes its apples to oranges but imo who whats a stock cobra unless you plan to buy it and let it sit in the garage some more

nl5882

Established Member
28k is all I would pay and idk if I would even pay that. Hell I just saw a very clean redfire for sale with 33k miles on it with 2.9 whipple and supporting e85 mods for only 23k. Yes its apples to oranges but imo who whats a stock cobra unless you plan to buy it and let it sit in the garage some more

I like what you said that gave me something to think about. My cars do have a problem with being garage queens...

SVTerminator03

Established Member
I got mine for sale, it's 2003 bone stock black coupe with 4500 miles. I'm asking 31K, so 33K for sub-4K miles seems reasonable. IMO the advantage of having a low-mileage stock unit is that once you modify it, you can make sure it is done right and how you want it. Sometimes with a highly modded version, you're taking word for it if there's no documentation.

dom418

Established Member
I paid $27k for my stock 04 coupe with charcoal inserts with 2900 miles. IMO yours is at least $4000 too high. There are a lot of $30k cars on here that just sit. The market just isn't at that point yet on the Terminator. Be patient and don't overpay

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
30k is big money for any Terminator, much less 33k, although that is a very low mileage car. I definitely wouldn't settle on color if I were spending 30k. I also wouldn't spend that money on a stock car unless I planned to keep it completely stock. Another consideration - just because you are buying a "stock" car, doesn't mean it's always been stock, people de-mod these cars prior to selling them all the time, especially when trading them into dealers because the dealer will basically give nothing for the mods.

getTwisted

I Remember My First Beer.
Established Member
Seems a little high but they aren't getting any cheaper. Before long that price for that car will be reasonable. $30k would be my best and final offer.

Franco

Established Member
30k is big money for any terminator, much less 33k, although that is a very low mileage car. I definitely wouldn't settle on color if i were spending 30k. I also wouldn't spend that money on a stock car unless i planned to keep it completely stock. Another consideration - just because you are buying a "stock" car, doesn't mean it's always been stock, people de-mod these cars prior to selling them all the time, especially when trading them into dealers because the dealer will basically give nothing for the mods.

x 1000.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
You Cobra owners crack me up. You should be saying hell yes it's worth 33, but as a buyer you should see if you can get it for a little less LOL.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
It's priced high IMO, but if you want STOCK, LOW MILEAGE, and RED, you have to decide if you are willing to let this slip away, especially if you haven't seen any for sale over the past few months. If color isn't all that important, or slightly higher mileage is fine, you might want to be patient and wait if the seller won't come down to at least $29-$30K. JMO.

Lastly, despite the low mileage you would still want to check it out good, including the motor.

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
These threads are so comical...learn the difference between listing price and offer price. Its a negotiation and a seller would be STOOPID to list at what he thinks a low balling buyer is going to offer.

Don't believe me? Just watch that market section and see how quickly we see the exact same cars being offered up for sale at higher prices than the original op sold it for. Car sharks are all over these forums looking to make a quick grand or two on a turnaround....

dom418

Established Member
You Cobra owners crack me up. You should be saying hell yes it's worth 33, but as a buyer you should see if you can get it for a little less LOL.

As an enthusiast, I like to look out for other enthusiasts. If I can help someone from overpaying why not? If he pays $33k doesn't mean everyone else's car is worth more, it just means someone got suckered and overpayed. These threads always seems to be started by guys who are new to the Terminator scene. They are looking for advice from guys who know the market.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
dom; I've had this conversation for many years now on other threads. As mentioned, asking price and offer price are two different things. Also, who determines value? I see cars on the auction blocks going for hundreds of thousands of dollars and "I" don't think they are worth that much.

There are a lot of tools out there such as KBB or NADA that will say how much a car is valued at. So, it's up to the buyer and seller to come to an agreement.

I think helping fellow enthusiasts is a great thing. My comment was merely meant for owners to not devalue their cars (I find it strange for Cobra owners to say "My car is not worth that much."). Everyone here has an opinion on what something is worth based on condition, miles and original vs. modified and what "they" are willing to pay.

In the end the buyer will determine what his limit is and so will the seller. But, i agree with you on the fact that you are trying to make sure someone doesn't get screwed. Nothing wrong with that.

nl5882

Established Member
I appreciate all the input, decided to not pull the trigger. Ill wait for.the.right color, I told.the gentlemen about this website, si it.could end up here soon.

Users who are viewing this thread