Need some advice

yeahyouknwit

Established Member
Hey guys I'm finally going to pulley my 03 cobra. My question is since I have to get retuned anyway should I just spend a bit more and find a ported eaton? I have a bap, mafia, and idler pulleys already purchased. Would I need anything else if I went to a ported eaton? Injectors? Let me know your thoughts and if you have a ported eaton for sale. Thanks in advance.

mdever12

Established Member
IMO if you are already starting to have thoughts about a ported blower, just get it now. Once you switch pullies you will want more power soon thereafter.

As far as bigger injectors go, couldn't tell you since I skipped the ported blower stage.

GL, you're going to love the new power.

Givens

I wanna go fast
Established Member
I would go with the ported Eaton, it will be a big step up if you don't have the funds for the twin screw. My car had 60LB injectors with the ported Eaton, It maxed the stockers at 5300rpms

braindontstop31

Established Member
Hey guys I'm finally going to pulley my 03 cobra. My question is since I have to get retuned anyway should I just spend a bit more and find a ported eaton? I have a bap, mafia, and idler pulleys already purchased. Would I need anything else if I went to a ported eaton? Injectors? Let me know your thoughts and if you have a ported eaton for sale. Thanks in advance.

Get you some Seimens Deka 60lb injectors. You should be good with the bap, mafia and the idler pulley. Like others said go ahead and find a ported Eaton. Go with a a 2.76 or 2.8 pulley. I was a little nervous before I swapped my Eaton for a TVS. But it is really a very easy job, I took my time and had it done in two short evenings after work. Just make sure you get some gaskets just in case. If you do a search you will find the Ford part numbers for the intake to head and blower to intake gaskets. Use RTV on the intercooler to blower (no gasket needed). Maybe new O-rings on the intercooler manifold on front of blower. Two notes when removing the blower, 1st: there is a wiring harness that is connected to the back of the intake, it is a christmas tree looking push in connector, remove that from intake. 2nd: The PCV line is connected under the intake when you go to lift the intake you will have to feed the PCV line through the wiring harness in rear of blower/intake the PCV line will remain attached to the lower intake. Get new bolts for the the intake to head. They are 6x1.0mmx35mm nothing special any hardware store will have them. They have been known to break if you reuse the stock ones. That's about it everything else is very straight forward.

Last edited:

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Yes a stock unported throttle body and plenum combo will indeed work with a blower that's been ported. Yet on an upper only car if it's not ported it will cost you easily 10hp and it'll peak about 100 rpm's sooner in the rpm range as far as the hp peak.

yeahyouknwit

Established Member
I weighed out the idea of going right to twin screw but there are a lot more supporting mods that go with that. I think going from stock pulley to ported eaton will keep a smile on my face for a long time. Hadn't really thought about a heat exchanger but I guess the smaller pulley and a port will hear that eaton up pretty good huh

Users who are viewing this thread