Need quick horsepower!!!!!

Cobra 08

So Tired
Established Member
Whipple is a fall purchase after making a plan and budgeting my income, but thats beside the point. Need to get to atleast 425 horses untill then. Any suggestions? Thanks for the knowledge.:burnout:

Just have Magnaflow Catback and cold air intake.
No pulley system or any other mod yet.

SeankySnake

Established Member
3.10 pulley and a tune, or there is always N20 which is easy to get the power your looking for. What kinda of #'s are you making now? My car has the same mod's as yours but just with a tune and mine put down SAE 408RWHP and 387RWTQ last week.

Last edited:

Cobra 08

So Tired
Established Member
3.10 pulley and a tune, or there is always N20 which is easy to get the power your looking for. What kinda of #'s are you making now? My car has the same mod's as yours but just with a tune and mine put down 408RWHP and 387RWTQ last week.

To be honest ive had the car for a year and ive never hit the dyno or had it tuned. I dont want guess the output but I figured as much with the light mods. Thanks for the input.

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
2.80 or 2.93 and a dyno tune, you'll be more than 425rwhp SAE or close to that if on a MD.

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
Mid-pipe and a tune, you should have at over or over 425rwhp easily. No point in even bothering with the pulley if you know you're going to go Whipple in the fall.

metaman

Established Member
LOL at your post......you need to get a clue dude!!!

Easy there captain troll, he is here to learn.

Whipple is a fall purchase after making a plan and budgeting my income, but thats beside the point. Need to get to atleast 425 horses untill then. Any suggestions? Thanks for the knowledge.:burnout:

Just have Magnaflow Catback and cold air intake.
No pulley system or any other mod yet.

Keep it simple and cheap if you are planning on going with heavy mods in only a few months. A 2.93 or 2.8 pulley + an auxilary idler + a box tune from your SCT device would be fine for now. Is it as good as a dyno tune? No, nothing is as good as a dyno tune.

Will it be fine for now and not cause any problems? Yes, it will be. I drove my car hard for 2 years with a box tune from a predator and never had a problem. It was a little rich and left some power on the table, but so what the car ran high 11's on Nitto r2's anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread