Need opinions

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
Once agreement occurred, your word is your bond.

Yes, it is in writing. OP admits it was part of the deal in his first post.

It amazes me that people can justify poor behavior. If OP just took care of delivery at the time of transfer this would not be an issue. He made a mistake that he should correct.

If you go to the grocery store, buy oranges, and leave them on the counter, but come back 8 months later demanding your oranges, do you think the grocery store is going to give them to you?

lol no. You crazy

If you want to split hairs, OP should charge buyer storage fees on the cluster since buyer failed to pick it up.

blk02edge

Established Member
Simple fact imo is we both should have made sure everything was there, had it been something I shipped and left out you bet I would be sending it priority mail on my dime but having been a fairly large parts stash that I would never agree to ship in the first place and being 8 damn months later ill stick to splitting the $30 shipping with him as I said I would. How awful lol.

The re-neg on the deal speaks to his character IMO but Machdup1 has a point where I did accept it, therefore Its fairly a moot point i guess.

Zemedici

Established Member
Once agreement occurred, your word is your bond.

It amazes me that people can justify poor behavior. If OP just took care of delivery at the time of transfer this would not be an issue. He made a mistake that he should correct.

If I'm purchasing something, I'm not going to show up with less than 100% of the AGREED upon price, that's a soyboy move to the core. A MAN does not do bullshit like that.

I am going to look through all of the parts to make sure I am getting what I am paying for.

almost a year later?

Come on.....will that work in a retail store, as stated above?

And then the guy comes at him with some attitude....?

Literally how many times can one assclown strike out.

Showed up with less money than agreed upon - Strike one
Didn't look through all of the parts he's ****ing over OP for - Strike Two
Coming at OP with attitude EIGHT MONTHS later - Strike 3

CV355

_
Established Member

You and I both know that's not what I meant. Is there a written contract between the two?

And it amazes me that people can go through life lowballing, tirekicking, then screaming victim when someone they rip off is extending an olive branch for fairness.

OP should have handled the exchange better, but in my opinion and what I feel is morally grounded, the buyer changed the game and allows for a change of contract when he showed up $500 low. That's low. I lost $5000 due to someone doing that one time, and I did not feel bad WHATSOEVER when their transmission blew up a week later.

blk02edge

Established Member
You and I both know that's not what I meant. Is there a written contract between the two?

And it amazes me that people can go through life lowballing, tirekicking, then screaming victim when someone they rip off is extending an olive branch for fairness.

OP should have handled the exchange better, but in my opinion and what I feel is morally grounded, the buyer changed the game and allows for a change of contract when he showed up $500 low. That's low. I lost $5000 due to someone doing that one time, and I did not feel bad WHATSOEVER when their transmission blew up a week later.
We had an agreed upon deal, he made the deposit, he had 2 months to come up with the money and when that deadline came up he said, heres the deal, I have $500 less to give you. I was pretty pissed off but selling an engine/tranny was as frustrating as tire kickers and I needed the money so I said, fine. It was all over facebook messenger. I had every right to tell him to screw off and keep the deposit but I did not have time to try and find yet another buyer for this massive stash my parents were hoarding for me.

Either way, Im not actually complaining about that part, I was just shocked to be called a scammer and told to man up for thinking splitting a $30 shipping charge was fair in this situation.

lilcoop03

Established Member
So, did he tell you he was coming with $500 less before he made the 12 hour trip?

blk02edge

Established Member
So, did he tell you he was coming with $500 less before he made the 12 hour trip?
Yes, sorry if that wasnt clear, but the re neg was the week before he came. Not sure how that would really make a difference either way.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
I'd tell him the cluster is $500. Take it or leave it.

This was my first reaction 100%.

Eff that guy. If he drove 12 hours only to pull up to your house and say he's short, you should have said "find that $500 or it'll be a long, empty ride home".

I've had guys do that to me. That's some BS.

You don't owe him SHIT!

_Snake_

Established Member
We had an agreed upon deal, he made the deposit, he had 2 months to come up with the money and when that deadline came up he said, heres the deal, I have $500 less to give you. I was pretty pissed off but selling an engine/tranny was as frustrating as tire kickers and I needed the money so I said, fine. It was all over facebook messenger. I had every right to tell him to screw off and keep the deposit but I did not have time to try and find yet another buyer for this massive stash my parents were hoarding for me.

Either way, Im not actually complaining about that part, I was just shocked to be called a scammer and told to man up for thinking splitting a $30 shipping charge was fair in this situation.

You’re not scamming anyone. Buyer is a POS for showing up short in the first place.

I would have been tempted to keep his deposit, especially considering how he’s acting now.

It’s not personal. It’s business.

blk02edge

Established Member
Seems to be some confusion, the re-neg has nothing to do with the cluster, the cluster was part of the deal plain and simple, I forgot to bring it up, he didnt check over anything at all. He does absolutely have the right to the cluster, I just wanted to split the costs of shipping something we both missed. 50/50

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
Seems to be some confusion, the re-neg has nothing to do with the cluster, the cluster was part of the deal plain and simple, I forgot to bring it up, he didnt check over anything at all. He does absolutely have the right to the cluster, I just wanted to split the costs of shipping something we both missed. 50/50
No need to apologize buddy. I understood you from the start.

Machdup1

Established Member

Once you admit your obligation under an agreement, whether it is in writing or not is a matter for lawyers. A man’s word is just as important if not more important.

This is not a matter for lawyers. This is a mutual mistake. OP has been throughly cool and made a legit offer to resolve the issue. The other party feels wronged (which he unintentionally was) and he is being a dick. OP would be within his rights to demand that the terms of the contract be honored and demand the item be picked up. However, is it worth $30 to avoid the aggravation and avoid this going to small claims court where we non-experts find out how our lack of understanding gets expensive.

lilcoop03

Established Member
Yes, sorry if that wasnt clear, but the re neg was the week before he came. Not sure how that would really make a difference either way.

I just wanted to clarify if you agreed to the new price before he showed up OR if he came down and was like "well, I'm here to get this shit...$500 flew out the window on my way here" bullshit LOL If he did that, you would definitely have to send his ass 12 hours back home with nothing to show for it.

blk02edge

Established Member
I just wanted to clarify if you agreed to the new price before he showed up OR if he came down and was like "well, I'm here to get this shit...$500 flew out the window on my way here" bullshit LOL If he did that, you would definitely have to send his ass 12 hours back home with nothing to show for it.
Haha that sure would be ballsy driving that far without the upper hand
Once you admit your obligation under an agreement, whether it is in writing or not is a matter for lawyers. A man’s word is just as important if not more important.

This is not a matter for lawyers. This is a mutual mistake. OP has been throughly cool and made a legit offer to resolve the issue. The other party feels wronged (which he unintentionally was) and he is being a dick. OP would be within his rights to demand that the terms of the contract be honored and demand the item be picked up. However, is it worth $30 to avoid the aggravation and avoid this going to small claims court where we non-experts find out how our lack of understanding gets expensive.
Obviously id never let it go that far over $30, to me it was a moral issue as the guy was kind of a wreck through the whole sale, I just thought that if I was so stupid to go that far and not bother to double check then I have to assume some responsibility.

Either way, its over and done, the cluster is being shipped out today with shipping costs split. I appreciate the feedback

Mpoitrast87

Established Member
you shouldnt give him the cluster at all. Tell him $500 for the cluster or no deal. Then sell the cluster on ebay and send him a screenshot of the winning bid.

Users who are viewing this thread