Need my fenders rolled-Goodrich,MI

RickJay

Established Member
Ok then buy it then rent it to me.

Well, the OP was looking to possibly buy in on one, or pay to have hers rolled.
My original intent was to split up the cost so one person, ME, wouldn't get stuck footing the bill on their own.
However, if you and at least one other person will commit to renting the tool for $50, I will go ahead and buy it.

RickJay

Established Member
I've been away from the forums for a couple weeks myself, huge project at work, away from my desk and living via IPhone
Anyway, I was doing some tinkering in my 91 GT last weekend, and discovered a kick ass way to roll my fenders WITHOUT the Eastwood tool.
SO, I will not be purchasing their overpriced, ( and unnecessary )
Rolling tool.
I spent what would amount to approximately $10 for a piece of 3/4 square Cold Rolled, and a cut off wheel to fabricated my own design for an absolutely kick ass Fender "Rolling" device.
After I figured out how do do this, I'm amazed at what a rip-off the Eastwood tool is.
Anyway, thank you all for your interest in jumping in in the Eastwood tool,
maybe you all can work something out among yourselves, but as they say on Shark Tank..I'm Out
Good luck, and maybe I'll see y'all out on Woodward one of these weekends

jsonic

Established Member
what do you want to rent your home-made tool? Ive seen people roll their fenders with a baseball bat.

RickJay

Established Member
what do you want to rent your home-made tool? Ive seen people roll their fenders with a baseball bat.

Yes, you can use a baseball bat, or any other roughly 2 1/2 O.D piece of pipe or wood, In fact I used a piece of pipe on a couple portions of mine, but that's after you have a nice bend ( roll )already started
As long as you're not in a hurry, I'd let you use it , but I got a few guys I work with that are borrowing it right now ( works on other cars too)
I figure I'll have it back in 3-4 weeks while it makes the rounds at work and guys I know if you want to wait, otherwise, I can tell you how to make one of your own if you have a few basic tools

paintballpyro1

Established Member
yea that green boss. still have it, new motor and trans swap. you lived on the other side of the street didnt you? across from palmer if you know who he is

paintballpyro1

Established Member
haha glad to hear. i like the body of these better. im just glad i got an 04 motor swap done now. that car had near 200k but i couldnt find my driving issue so i trashed the motor

rxpwhistler1

HP Junkie
Established Member
Same boat here. I need mine rolled bad before my tires pop lol. I know a guy who uses exhaust tips, bats, whatever. I prefer to use the proper tool or pay someone here who is experienced and willing to do the job.

Users who are viewing this thread