Need Lowered Boss Pics...

03ShadowCobra

To the Hindenpeter!!!
Established Member
my car is dirty in pretty much every picture. but here are BMR springs same as hybreds car.
e110a12e.jpg

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
I was under the impression that lowering the car would throw all the work Ford didn't tuning the suspension on the car away. Hence why I've been really hesitant to install springs and if I do only the Steeda. Humm...

I honestly don't think 95% of drivers will notice a difference, on or off track. Mine was driven by my fiance (an instructor) and myself at Texas World Speedway, on factory Pirellis, and the car was still phenomenal, bordering on unnatural, in the corners.

5 DOT 0

Established Member
I was under the impression that lowering the car would throw all the work Ford didn't tuning the suspension on the car away. Hence why I've been really hesitant to install springs and if I do only the Steeda. Humm...
I agree with Kat on this. Many of us were under this impression early on. After further analysis it was recommended that the FR P springs (and Eibach ProKit springs) were fine with the stock dampers. It is recommended to add an adjustable panhard bar and relocation brackets when lowering the car to keep the geometery as close to stock as possible. I'm sure other springs are fine too. If there is any degragation to the handling, I didn't notice any, it surely is compensated by the increased confidence I have in the car with reduced body roll and brake dive. ;-)

svt1111

Established Member
my car is dirty in pretty much every picture. but here are BMR springs same as hybreds car.
e110a12e.jpg

Car doesn't look dirty at all, looks great!

I recognize that place: Larz Anderson Park. Nice B7 RS4 next to you as well. Next time you guys have get together up there, let me know. I'll take my Yuppie car (2013 S4).

To what others have said regarding the lowering of the Boss not negatively affecting the handling at all, thank you. I'm leaning more and more to the Eibach pro kit. Does this still require the panhard relocation bracket and will the car need a proper front end alignment after?

03ShadowCobra

To the Hindenpeter!!!
Established Member
good eye. there are monthly cars and coffee events at Larz.

any change in ride height should require an alignment. that being said I haven't done mine yet.

Last edited:

cobra1718

Established Member

I recognize that place: Larz Anderson Park. Nice B7 RS4 next to you as well. Next time you guys have get together up there, let me know. I'll take my Yuppie car (2013 S4).

To what others have said regarding the lowering of the Boss not negatively affecting the handling at all, thank you. I'm leaning more and more to the Eibach pro kit. Does this still require the panhard relocation bracket and will the car need a proper front end alignment after?
I put the adjustable panhard bar on mine as well as got an alignment (with Eibach camber bolts) and FR bumpstops

Last edited:

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member

All I did with mine was springs, cut bumpstops, and an alignment. No bottoming out, no funky tire wear, no issues with alignment.

BlackNDecker

Come at me bro!
Established Member
I went a different route...I installed Steeda springs but downsized to 18" wheels (I'm a sucker for free torque a la increased final drive ratio:rockon:). These probably won't be of any help to you but I will whore them out regardless:

9909cec8.jpg

P1050411.jpg

P1050416.jpg

P1050417.jpg

d9a9239e.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread