Need Lowered Boss Pics...

ALLKHEINZ

Established Member
Looking to lower my 12 Boss soon and need to decide which springs to go with...ive had an 11 auto GT, a 12 Vert Auto GT and currently have a 13 Auto GT...all of them have been lowered on the Eibach Prokit but im hearing these same springs installed on a 12 Boss will not lower the car as much as a regular GT...is this true? or is the drop the same as the standard GT but just calculated less because the Boss is Lower from factory? Please post pics and specs if you have them to help me decide...

5 DOT 0

Established Member
It won't lower a Boss as much because the Boss is already lower than a GT. It will lower the rear about 1" and the front 1/8 to 1/4". I have the FR P springs on mine and they are supposed to be the same as the ProKit springs.

IMG_1298.jpg

ALLKHEINZ

Established Member
^looks fantastic...i dont want mine slammed by any means...i actually like the factory rake...when ive used eibachs in the past the prokit has been my choice im basically hoping the stance of the boss will be the exact same as my 2013 is....so your saying the boss is lower then the regular gt and thats why the specs show it drops the car less to acheive the same ride height correct??

cobra1718

Established Member
check my sig I have Eibach prokit with one track day and it handled well
0k6x9965.jpg

0k6x0582.jpg

Last edited:

wikdlx

The Bone
Established Member
I would like to see more pics.
I'm looking for a stance thats lower than the blue car pic'd above, but higher than the white car......split the difference :)

5 DOT 0

Established Member
I would like to see more pics.
I'm looking for a stance thats lower than the blue car pic'd above, but higher than the white car......split the difference :)
There's not much in between the two but you can go lower. Are you going to track your car?

M4DW9818.jpg

wikdlx

The Bone
Established Member
There's not much in between the two but you can go lower. Are you going to track your car?

M4DW9818.jpg

it's mostly a driver for me. But I will track it, but I drag race! :) so it'll see some quarter mile action.

I just want to fill in the rear gap, but keep some ride quality.
IMO, the white car above site too low.

I guess I'll start with the Steeda springs and see how they do

bpmurr

Established Member
I was under the impression that lowering the car would throw all the work Ford didn't tuning the suspension on the car away. Hence why I've been really hesitant to install springs and if I do only the Steeda. Humm...

svt1111

Established Member
I was under the impression that lowering the car would throw all the work Ford didn't tuning the suspension on the car away. Hence why I've been really hesitant to install springs and if I do only the Steeda. Humm...

I am in the EXACT same boat. I like how Cobra 1718's car sits though, even on the stock wheels.

Seems that is the drop I am looking for, just reluctant to throw out all the work Ford did tuning this suspension for aesthetics.

Can anyone convince me otherwise? I'd love to drop the car a tiny bit. My old 99 GT was the only lowered car I ever had and honestly, it just had BBK springs ( forgot how low but slightly aggressive), but it handled really awesome due to the low CG.

walked_u_hard

Established Member
put the sport lines on it... still rides great.

I am in the EXACT same boat. I like how Cobra 1718's car sits though, even on the stock wheels.

Seems that is the drop I am looking for, just reluctant to throw out all the work Ford did tuning this suspension for aesthetics.

Can anyone convince me otherwise? I'd love to drop the car a tiny bit. My old 99 GT was the only lowered car I ever had and honestly, it just had BBK springs ( forgot how low but slightly aggressive), but it handled really awesome due to the low CG.

its gonna sit lower and be a little firmer.... i dont see how this would negatively affect handing. it will improve it.

Last edited:

svt1111

Established Member
put the sport lines on it... still rides great.

its gonna sit lower and be a little firmer.... i dont see how this would negatively affect handing. it will improve it.

I agree with that sentiment, simply reflecting back on what was stated by the engineers who tweaked the Boss suspension. They specifically set all steering angles, etc. to work as it is set from the factory. Even the rake was setup like that to help the rear suspension geometry on corner exit. Just wasn't sure how much in any compromise would be felt or noticed from a simple drop...

The Boss suspension setup is one of the car's biggest attributes. Just don't want ruin it for aesthetics. I do like the idea of lowering the CG though, to me that is a huge benefit besides just looks.

Funny signature video BTW. lol

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread