Need Kenne Bell Installation Instructions..

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I've been calling their two numbers for about 20 minutes but they're constantly busy. So are you saying that the Kenne Bell kit doesn't come with instructions, and that instructions aren't available?

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
no directions = a mod that separates the men from the boys :coolman:

2003Slobra

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
You dont need Instructions for the swap. I bought mine used and it also came with no instructions. Just prop the hood open and go to town! When you actually look at it, it becomes easy. Just move everything out of the way and then unbolt your 10 Lower Intake bolts. The reason for doing this is because there is a intercooler assembly on the front of the eaton that holds it in place. So you prop up the Eaton with a Hammer handle or something and then take the 4 bolts off the Assembly. When you do this you can bolt your intercooler back down and then pull your eaton off.

- When you are trying to get the intercooler off the Eaton, heat up the bolts for a good 30 seconds and slowly thread them out. If it isnt easy then tighten them back down and start over. Do not rush this or you will break a bolt. I didnt rush and I broke the last one.

- When you drop the KB in connect all of your EGR before you bolt anything down. The Metal tube on the back of the EGR will not move, so you will have to make the KB move to the line.

Shanezam203

Established Member
I dont have a kb, but 03Slowbra, thanks for the info. I have heard the ic bolts are tight, do they use lock tight on them or what? I heard to back them out slowly... How many are there and how did you heat the bolts up? Im just curious because Im still thinking about pulling my eaton off and having it ported.
thanks again for the info, Shane

2003Slobra

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Yes, Ford uses a red locker on the intercooler bolts because they say they dont want them to come loose and into your catch pan. They are not that they are impossible to get out, just they are tight, and break easy. I broke the last one and I was spending about 3 minutes on each bolt. If you need any help as on how to remove your eaton send me a PM. I am not genious on the matter but I did do it and all I can say is not to worry about it. It is simple.

Just use a propane torch to heat the bolts up. Aim below the bolt head more to the side of the bolt.

Shanezam203

Established Member
Thanks so much for the help. I have heard to do that. Where can I buy a few replacement bolts in case? And if one breaks off, is it easy to back out after its broken in 2?

FireRed04Vert

Established Member
Shanezam203 said:
Thanks so much for the help. I have heard to do that. Where can I buy a few replacement bolts in case? And if one breaks off, is it easy to back out after its broken in 2?

If it's so tight it broke the head off, it's TIGHT and will be a bitch to get out. You will probably end up drilling it out and putting a helicoil in it...unless you can have a shop who's skilled at that do it for you. If you have a good set of easy outs, and use some heat, you can get it.

Silver 03 Cobra

2003Slobra said:
You dont need Instructions for the swap. I bought mine used and it also came with no instructions. Just prop the hood open and go to town! When you actually look at it, it becomes easy. Just move everything out of the way and then unbolt your 10 Lower Intake bolts. The reason for doing this is because there is a intercooler assembly on the front of the eaton that holds it in place. So you prop up the Eaton with a Hammer handle or something and then take the 4 bolts off the Assembly. When you do this you can bolt your intercooler back down and then pull your eaton off.

- When you are trying to get the intercooler off the Eaton, heat up the bolts for a good 30 seconds and slowly thread them out. If it isnt easy then tighten them back down and start over. Do not rush this or you will break a bolt. I didnt rush and I broke the last one.

- When you drop the KB in connect all of your EGR before you bolt anything down. The Metal tube on the back of the EGR will not move, so you will have to make the KB move to the line.

I disagree especially if you aren't mechanically inclined or know nothing about how a SC works. How would you know how to plumb up the boost and vacuum lines or boost bypass yes/no on a KB especially if you don't know how the system works. Instructions will make the job a lot easier. If you had never worked on an 03/04 or an L you would be lucky to figure out that the IC water adapter and transfer tubes have to come off to get the blower off.

Users who are viewing this thread