Need Input Prior to Buying 2014 GT500

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
Take your time. My only comment is these cars have a glass roof option, which is pretty rare. If you have ANY interest in the glass roof, keep looking. I wouldn't consider one without the glass and PP.

Tom

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Take your time. My only comment is these cars have a glass roof option, which is pretty rare. If you have ANY interest in the glass roof, keep looking. I wouldn't consider one without the glass and PP.

Tom
I agree on the glass roof, worth the $$$ new and patience now.
I would only change the last part, 2 must haves for me were glass roof and Recaros. But I also ordered the PP and Nav, passed on TP, shaker and cover.
-J

Clemson

Established Member
Recaros and Nav for sure. The track pack and performance pack dont really add anything in my opinion unless youre going to track the car. I actualy wanted the "base" car because I knew Id be tweaking the suspension anyway and also like the wheels 100X better.

paluka21

Established Member
Recaros and Nav for sure. The track pack and performance pack dont really add anything in my opinion unless youre going to track the car. I actualy wanted the "base" car because I knew Id be tweaking the suspension anyway and also like the wheels 100X better.

That's one of the main reasons I wanted a "base" car, because I liked how the base wheels look on a white car. Rewind almost three years ago when I bought it, I wouldn't have made that decision now because I removed the stock wheels and install the Super Snake Alcoas anyways. Just something to consider when wheels are a deciding factor for the OP.
I also wanted a glass roof car but the one white/blue striped car I found locally, the dealer wanted $8K ADM which I refused to pay. I made a cash offer for the car without ADM included and they wouldn't budge. Said they could resell the car to another dealer at ADM price. o_O
I opted for the leather non-Recaro seats because I like heated seats and the previous Recaro's I've experienced kill my hips/lower back after riding in them for a few hours.

paluka21

Established Member
Oh...and I also felt the same way about the TP, because I knew I would never track the car, and even if I did, I would want to tweak the suspension to my own liking.

kwarnerjr

Established Member
I love the car from the sound to the incredible feel when mashing the pedal. My only dislike is the plastic parts gets sunbaked quickly (I live in SFL so lots of sun).
One issue to note, my rear axle has slightly bent. I don't drive it too hard but I am a Sunday drag racer some months. It's covered by warranty but the new part has been on back order for almost a month. I did a little reading and heard the ford tech mention it's not terribly uncommon for mustang axles to bend slightly.
Overall, if you like the gas guzzling V8 sound and feel, you will likely love the car. Very few cars will keep up with you and the ones that do are only a Bolt on and tune away from seeing your taillights.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

usmotox

Living the Dream!
Established Member
I have 63k miles on our car and still love it. It has awesome power but crazy scary if the tires are cold. No mods other than hood struts and Airaid no oil filter.

CV355

_
Established Member
I have 63k miles on our car and still love it. It has awesome power but crazy scary if the tires are cold. No mods other than hood struts and Airaid no oil filter.

Crazy scary... 5th gear, half throttle, out sideways.

I've scooted sideways leaving a parking spot when it's cold- 1500rpms and she's going sideways with those damn run-flats.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Damn, 63k. Anyone have more? Wish I had weather that would allow a DD like a GT500.
-J

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
Crazy scary... 5th gear, half throttle, out sideways.

I've scooted sideways leaving a parking spot when it's cold- 1500rpms and she's going sideways with those damn run-flats.

They're not run flats, but do suck on the street. The Goodyears work well on the track for stock tires.

Sent from my iPad using the svtperformance.com mobile app

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
They're not run flats, but do suck on the street. The Goodyears work well on the track for stock tires.

Sent from my iPad using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Agreed. Not run flats. Also, although not the best tires for daily driving a high horse power car on colder temps, F1s are great track/road course tires for the money.

Clemson

Established Member
Agreed. Not run flats. Also, although not the best tires for daily driving a high horse power car on colder temps, F1s are great track/road course tires for the money.
Hell, forget cold temps, even in dead summer heat they suck on the street.

usmotox

Living the Dream!
Established Member
OH I switched to Michelin PSS when the second set of F1's got thinner but still scary cold lol but the car is most totally awesome. The only bad rep it gets is from the people that had Vet's or all wheel drives and a lot of tire that did not grow up in the skinny h and g series bias ply tires like I did. They got spoiled never having to drive (start argument here) LOL

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
Agreed!
Carosel small.JPG

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Please feel free to share all your pics with me. I need a new wall paper and we have the same car. Lol

Users who are viewing this thread