Need input on exhaust

crizzut

Established Member
Im thinking of running longtubes on my cobra. Im thinking MAC LTs based on the price, I've heard both good and some bad things about them but nothing that makes me worry. I wanted to run these with a BBK shorty catted H-Pipe. Anyone have any input, I couldn't find a soundclip with this combo so if anyone has one that would be great. thanks alot.

Trick Pony

Stang Addict
Established Member
If you want things to fit together well and not have exhaust leaks I wouldn't mix and match different brands of longtube headers and midpipes. Hell, I had enough trouble with BBK longtubes and BBK shorty H-pipe meeting up right on my 2V. If they were just shorties I would say don't worry about it because shorty headers and stock length midpipes are meant to be direct replacements.

Last edited:

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
PM C H I N I! He had Mac LT's with a catted BBK X pipe. I'm not sure what catback he was running though.

vadorsnake04

Established Member
i have ceramic coated mac longtubes, bbk off road h pipe, and bassani cat back. ask me what you are wanting to know?

crizzut

Established Member
Well, I've heard that MAC longtubes don't seem to last very long. Something about the inner coating coming off, and I've also been told that fitment was an issue as well. Are you pleased with your LTs? Were there any leaks? How well did they fit with the BBK H-Pipe? and finally, is the exhaust too loud? I want the car to have some rumble, but not to the point where its annoying and I'll be pulled over for it being too loud. thanks for any help.

vadorsnake04

Established Member
hey crizzcut i am very sorry for not replying yet i forgot i posted here i apologize. So far i have had no problems what so ever with them on them lasting or them leaking. I am very very pleased with the headers i love them. Mine do not leak at all. they fit well with the bbk h pipe i would say cause they dont leak at all. The car is loud but its not annoying or abnoxious i love it, and it has less drone then it did before without the longtube headers. If you want a sound clip lemme know i have one it just is kind of crappy.

Users who are viewing this thread