Need input on coolant leak please....

venom one

Schoolin' your kids
Established Member
My '03 Cobra has a coolant leak. It smells like coolant, my resevoir is a bit low. Here's the thing.....when I jacked up the car from the front, a bit of coolant leaked out from somewhere in the back of the engine. Underneath the car it dripped out from between the transmission and the plate that covers it where it attaches to the engine.

I suspect it puddled up on top of the block underneath the blower/intake assembly. Could it be the tube that runs between the block and intake assembly? Ideas and/or suggestions? Thanks for any help!!

330mach1

Established Member
that would be my first thought, how difficult would it be to pull your super charger and lower intake off?

Nutty 5.0

Established Member
I know when I did my cooling mod I thought I may have had a leak too but it was just the pooled overflow from filling the crossover tube. Does sound like it could be the o rings for the intercooler lines. Worth getting new ones for the price of them to try.

mdrc347

Established Member
I had coolant leaking in exact same spot. Turned out being loose intake bolts. I torqued them when reinstalling blower after porting. Apparently, that isn't enough? Tightened again to my discretion and the leak is gone.

Users who are viewing this thread