Need Help!!

04DOHC

Established Member
Trying to see if this ever happened to anyone else.... Every time I shift passed 3k rpm my battery light turns on but once he drops below 3k it turns off.... Is my battery going out or do you think my alternator is going out...Any help would be appreciated

Thxs

Nutty 5.0

Established Member
Get them tested. Could be a combination of both, but banking on the alt.

hotcobra03

Established Member
anything strange going on with your radio,like just going black,or wont turn off,is so ,its going to be your alt.

04DOHC

Established Member
no, everything with the radio is good...this is a brand new optima battery that I got about 4-5 months ago...I am going to take it by auto zone to see if they can check the battery and alt.

hotcobra03

Established Member
light

have anything strange going on with the radio,like going black or not turning off,,if so ,my guess would be the alt.

Nutty 5.0

Established Member
I've had nothing but problems with both Optima's I had. Figures that I work for the company lol!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
The alternator would be my first guess. They're notorious for failing at the 30-40K range.

04DOHC

Established Member
Went to autozone last night, they said my alt is pushing 38 amps...looks like I will be buying a new alt this weekend...anyone recomend a certain one or should the stock one be ok? I really don't have anything done to the but exhaust and intake

Last edited:

Nutty 5.0

Established Member
Most suggest getting a new one from Ford. Others prefer a rebuild that has lifetime replacement, but that's a pain if they keep going. I'd get one from Steve at Tousley if it was me and you can afford the down time.

Users who are viewing this thread