Need Help

04DOHC

Established Member
Was wondering if this happened to anyone, I just installed a CAI, HE, and a MAC 3'' catback and when I got my car back I noticed that my stock boost gauge was pinging way below the Zero does anyone know how this could happen or know what I can do to fix it?? Any help would be great.

Last edited:

Iwannacobra04

New 'scared' SVT Poster
Established Member
I would say look at your vacuum lines under hood to make sure they're all good. That's my only suggestion for now. Good luck.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Assuming you had someone install those mods for you, it's likely they probably did something. Is the gauge needle moving beyond zero at all? If so, how much max boost is it showing?

04DOHC

Established Member
yes, it is moving passed 0 from the looks the max boost is going to 8lbs even on the freeway at wot it stays at 8lbs.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I'm confused. You're seeing 8 lbs. of boost on your gauge (which is about normal for a stock/near stock Cobra), so what are you seeing is the problem. I don't understand what you mean about "pinging way below zero". Can you explain?

04DOHC

Established Member
Well before I I had the CAI istalled when I wasn't in boost my needle would sit at Zero but now the needle sits below the zero like the car is turned off...

04DOHC

Established Member
CobraPic06.gif

the boost needle sits way below the way it is in the pic..it looks like the needle in temp gauge..

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Now I understand. Unfortunately I don't have an answer. I've never heard of the needle dropping below zero (stock gauge). You might check with your dealer and see what they have to say. It would almost have to have something to do with the install of your mods but I can't image what could have been done to cause this.

One other question. What was you max boost reading before the install of those mods? If it was a bit below what you're seeing now then I'd say your max boost reading is correct but the needle for some reason is dropping below zero at idle. In that case I wouldn't be overly concerned. If the needle is now showing LESS max boost than before, then it would seem that the calibration is off. I never heard of either case so I'm stumped.

04DOHC

Established Member
thxs for the help I will take the car to the dealer and have them take a look at it..

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread