Need Help.

Justin

Established Member
OK.. car just stopped while it was running. First the radio shut off. And then the ABS light and the check engine light came on. Next it seemed like the fuel was shutting off.. started surging. And then nothing. When I try to crank it, the car wont start. Almost like the battery is dead. But I tried to jump it. Didnt work.

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
The way you explained it, it's definately alt or battery. Probably alt, if it was the battery, the car would have kept running and not just died on you probably.

Justin

Established Member
Ok.. i was trying to tell myself it wasnt the alt. Just wanted it to be easier.. How would i make sure its the alt? I just have basic mods.. CAI, pulley, chip, exhaust...

Sonic03inSC

Established Member
Go to autoZone and have it tested, But that is most likely the problem. I just put in a PA Performance Alt. and optima battery.

Justin

Established Member
thanks.. one more question. Would the alt. shut down my radio while i was on the interstate going 85? Thats when my problems started. Maybe I should have said that first. The radio and the warning light came on when i was driving down the interstate. It wasnt until I came to a stop at where i was going that the car started to surge like it wasnt getting fuel. Now it wont start. Lights, windows, etc work,, just not the radio. That and it wont turn over.

Sonic03inSC

Established Member
Justin said:
thanks.. one more question. Would the alt. shut down my radio while i was on the interstate going 85? Thats when my problems started. Maybe I should have said that first. The radio and the warning light came on when i was driving down the interstate. It wasnt until I came to a stop at where i was going that the car started to surge like it wasnt getting fuel. Now it wont start. Lights, windows, etc work,, just not the radio. That and it wont turn over.
Yes thats it. Mine did the same thing.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I love how this forum helps others diagnose issues. You guys deserve a cup of java!! :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread