Need help!

Blakester

Established Member
i was driving on my way home, and i was stopped at a light with the clutch in, but i had just put it into nuetral and the light turned green so i was going to put into first- and it would not go into any gear? so i turned off the car and back on and it went into gear.

next- everynow and then when i placed into 3rd gear it would pop back out, also 1 time in first. WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?!

any info would be appreciated...

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I had trouble getting into first gear on my Cobra a number of times. Never figured out what was wrong. I had the same problem on my Z-28 so it is probably not uncommon. Usually double clutching like Dgussin1 said worked, but not always.

RB88

Established Member
maybe unrelated, but since I changed out my trans fluid (Amsoil), It has not happened to me in three months...

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
Double clutch it, or put it into another gear first then try first agin works fine for me.

Venomous27

Inked Up
Established Member
hey you are not alone bro...would be at a light and it would turn green and there would be tons of cars behind me, i would go to put it in gear and then it was like there was a lock against going into first, so i put it into 2nd, then 1st... after a couple of tries and a few honks from behind me, it worked... and it popped out of gear a few times as well which kinda startled me because for one it's loud... and two i wasn't expecting it.... good to know i am not the only one...:)

Blakester

Established Member
venomous27- so what have you done? nothing? i called a transmition place to ask what they thought it was and he said probably the syncros...so? Going to take it in tomorrow to have it looked at

Users who are viewing this thread