Need help with supporting mods

mfrazier2

Engineers lead the way!
Established Member
I'm in the process of buying supporting mods for my Kenne Bell. I bought a SCT BA-2600 MAF and i saw a piece of paper in the shipping box when i got it today saying that if i intend on using a "cone" style air filter that i need a special big air adapter.

Does anyone know if this is mandatory with my setup? Does everyone run this adapter? Thanks!
Untitled_zpstxxa8beo.png
IMG_20150522_172042_639_zpssscddytu.jpg

Last edited:

03' White Snake

Established Member
That is referring to the metal maf ring that adapts to your intake. It is intake dependant. No maf I've ever bought came with it. It comes with the intake.

cj428mach

Established Member
If you're running a stock MAF with a cone filter then yes you already have the piece. If not you need to buy the adapter that bolts to the 4 bolt flange on the MAF and has a ring that the cone filter slips on to.

sicvnum

Established Member
Fore innovations hat(twin gt pumps), dual fpdm,60lb injectors would be good. That set up should be good up to 700hp.

mfrazier2

Engineers lead the way!
Established Member
Fore innovations hat(twin gt pumps), dual fpdm,60lb injectors would be good. That set up should be good up to 700hp.
Ive already bought a BAP because i dont really want to drop my fuel tank and 80lb injectors, hopefully thats all i will need to do for fuel upgrades.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Ive already bought a BAP because i dont really want to drop my fuel tank and 80lb injectors, hopefully thats all i will need to do for fuel upgrades.
You might be cutting it really close. I needed a bap with only 455rwhp.

cj428mach

Established Member
You might be cutting it really close. I needed a bap with only 455rwhp.

Yep it could be close.

My old high mileage SB car could run 17 psi on my 2.3l whipple and be upper 80's on the fuel pump duty cycle with a BAP.

My current very low mileage OW car could only do 15 PSI on the same 2.3 Whipple with a BAP and the duty cycle was mid 90's.

Users who are viewing this thread