Need help with my cobra(code p0148)

CUINMYREARVIEW

Established Member
keep getting this code p0148 fuel delivery era and if i running car hard its like i hit like fuel cut at like 5k rpm and the car just noise dives. Anyone have any input i would be greatful.

thanks mike

Ironhand

Banned
I would stop getting on it first. Then you should start by checking for any other codes with a handheld.

I would think a fuel pump issue/PPRV/FRPS. Start with the basics and work your way through. The last thing you want to do is drop the tank so try to check everything else first then if that doesnt work, the tank will have to be dropped and inspected.

CUINMYREARVIEW

Established Member
Thats only code i get no check engine light yes i have wire up grade its a intermitant thing some times it does it an then it doesnt fuel filter is only a yr old tank was like half tank what is PPRV and the FRPS if that would of popped the i would think car wouldnt run and run like shit iam not being smartass by know means iam a mechanic i have checked all the basics iam just trying to get some input cause its a on going problem i am stumped thanks for all the help.

CUINMYREARVIEW

Established Member
ngk tr6 i for get the gap i did run race gas last yr but i change alot of things
and its only doing it some times

testorossa1989

Established Member
I had the same issue 3months ago. Dug real deep and past posts and tried everything. FRPS, Plug, fuel filter, ect. I noticed that my variable was it usually happened when my fog lights were on or at night. I went to test my altenator and sure enough it has a ripple. Replaced the altenator with PA performance one and problem solved.

AlwaysBoosted

What's a SVT?
Established Member
I had the same issue 3months ago. Dug real deep and past posts and tried everything. FRPS, Plug, fuel filter, ect. I noticed that my variable was it usually happened when my fog lights were on or at night. I went to test my altenator and sure enough it has a ripple. Replaced the altenator with PA performance one and problem solved.

This

I would check the voltage under load.
Check spark plug gaps and condition

CUINMYREARVIEW

Established Member
Its crazy i changed the FRPS and fuel filter even change battery and i cleared code an retuned it for street + tune and it was still there so i decided to just use the street tune and it went away in 3rd gear but now its doing it in 4th and i did change alt year and half ago it has the pulley from lighting force that supose to stop it from burning up alt mabe thats it i will have to test whats alt part # from pa thanks if anyone has any more info thank u

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Hmm my first thought was frps sensor, but you already replace that. This past summer I had that same code and changed out my frps and all is fine.

EDIT: I see you have BAP, how is it wired up? Did you check the fuses for the BAP?

Last edited:

CUINMYREARVIEW

Established Member
its wire with 2 fuses and 8g wire i did check the one in the rear looks fine need to check big one in the front thanks

Stalker27

Established Member
I'm having this same issue but doubt it's my alt since it damn near new from Tousley but I haven't done any datalogging to make sure. I'm dead set on either a hole in my pprv or a dead fuel pump

T800

Established Member
I had the same issue 3months ago. Dug real deep and past posts and tried everything. FRPS, Plug, fuel filter, ect. I noticed that my variable was it usually happened when my fog lights were on or at night. I went to test my altenator and sure enough it has a ripple. Replaced the altenator with something besides a PA performance one and problem solved.

This(fixed)

testorossa1989

Established Member
Ive done EVERYTHING listed above including checking voltages of sensors, battery, gaps, ect (Includes speaking to master techs, tuners)

Problem was the altenator. It didnt drop dead out of nowhere like they commonly do. Long story short new altenator fixed it and i wish i did it 3 months sooner

Replacement 130A Alternator for 03-04 Mustang Cobra

If it gives any peace of mind, Many of my mechanic technician friends suggested crazy radical ideas and when i explained the situation and solution they were surprised i found it out. Its a very fustrating problem especially when your that one guy who tried everything that helped everyone else and it didnt work for you, hence why i left my thread up from months ago to help other members struggling. If you have any questions PM me, would be glad to help

Last edited:

CUINMYREARVIEW

Established Member
Well i pulled plugs they were kinda fouled out and i found my neg battery cable termanal was cracked replaced that also and it is running alot better and no more pop like a rev going to take it and data log it later this week and take a look at everything just to make sure its all good thanks for everyones help.

Users who are viewing this thread