Need help with data log. xcal 3.

da2k17

Established Member
Im trying to data log to show if my IC pump is working. i think its randomly shutting off during driving causing the motor to pull massive amounts of timing resulting in my car running rich.

what do i need to log to get the intake temps? i couldnt find a setting for iat2.

what should the intake temp be?

in the log i just did the downstream air temp and intake temps were about 80* difference to start, i drove the car and the intake temps started to come up to the down stream temps, they dropped a lil and then went up a lil staying within 15 *

are these the right parameters to log?

i dont know how to post the log but if someone will look at it i will email it to you.

link to my thread talking about the whole issue:
http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...otor-ran-fine-now-like-crap-running-rich.html

Last edited:

01yellercobra

Established Member
If I had my livelink in front of me I'd try to help. I only have one IAT to deal with.

What are your actual temps? And what is the ambient temp when you're datelogging? I wouldn't worry so much about the difference as the temp itself.

da2k17

Established Member
one number was 170 - 180 the other started around 100 and when i was making pulls went up to 170. it was also reading 9.5 AF at this time. the second number varied, early on it was around 120 then went between 150 to 170. ambient was about 80 -85*

i remember someone saying there was a way to read the iat2 but i just cant find it in the list.

prostkr

Established Member
At 150 they pull timing. Id go ahead and do the pump swap. I forgot the parameter name and don't have the software on this computer. But the second number you are reading sounds like the right one.

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
At 150 they pull timing. Id go ahead and do the pump swap. I forgot the parameter name and don't have the software on this computer. But the second number you are reading sounds like the right one.
Actually the factory tune starts pulling timing from 100* and on. When it his 150* it pulls even more timing as this is the next step up.

The IAT2 is Downstream_Air_Temp when datalogging. (Or some varation of that depending on ECU)

prostkr

Established Member
The air fuel will go out of wack without the spark and read rich. And since he has an xcal I was assuming he at least has an SCT base tune from someone. If its a stock tune it will be even worse.

da2k17

Established Member
down stream air was the second number in the info i posted above. i have also confirmed my IC pump isnt functioning at all anymore, so im hoping that is what was causing my issue. i did some research and found that with enough timing pulled the car will run rich as the fuel is not getting enough time to fully combust before being removed from the engine. if my temps are 170 post blower that would def pull a lot of timing. new pump should be here in a few days ill let yas know if it fixes my issue.

Users who are viewing this thread