need help with changing from 110oct to 93

hot cobra

Established Member
I am about to buy a 2003 cobra, the owner uses 110 oct only, but up were i am we only have 93 oct at most places and thats what i want to use, since im dd the car. What do i need to do to change from 110 to 93, do i need a dyno tune again? the car is a 2.2 kb and its on 19-20ib of boost. or can i just go from 110 to 93. thanks.

rexisme

Established Member
def. need a retune... I know which car you are buying, torch red right? congrats that is my fav 03 of all time and you are getting a hell of a deal on it.

hot cobra

Established Member
ok thanks guys, so i cant really drive on it till i get it tuned again. and its a SB one rex. whick trch red are you talking about?

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
You "can" drive it, just stay out of boost. But to be safe I wouldn't drive it until it's been retuned to adjust the timing for the lower octane.

rexisme

Established Member
This one........
torch red 03 cobra for sale - Chicago SVT

I was pretty pissed the first time it came up for sale because it is what made me get a TR cobra. I bought mine and a month later he put it up for sale for around what I paid for mine. This guy selling it bought it from him and is now selling it at a very fair price

hot cobra

Established Member
yeah thats not the car im about to buy. very nice one tho.

So does anyone know were i can take the car for dyno tune, i am 35 miles north of chicago, 5 min away from gurnee. and around how much is it going to be?

Users who are viewing this thread