Need help understanding datalogs

lilredcoupe

Established Member
I am a newbie when it comes to understanding a datalog of my 2011 GT500. Can someone help me with the following so I know what to look for.

1. How do I know what my timing is? Which PID/s do I look at and what do the values mean?

2. How do I know what my air/fuel ratio is? Is there a computation I need to do with the values? What are safe values?

3. How do I know if my car is pulling timing? I understand it is the knock sensor but what do the values mean? When do I need to be concerned?

4. What are any other PIDs do I need to look at to make sure my tune is right and my engine is safe?

Thanks

VNMOUS1

Established Member
Can you pm a list also, i sent my datalogs to you last weekend, still havent heard back. thank you.
No, but I can email. Email me with your details. As you know, we were in Bowling Green last week. Oh, and reference your screen name and real name if you would like me to know who you are.

lilredcoupe

Established Member
BJ,

I have the list of PIDs and I have some datalogs already done I just need to understand what I'm looking at. I want to make sure I'm at safe levels in regards to timing, A/F and if my knock sensor is pulling any timing due to detonation.

Thanks,

nxhappy

Established Member
a good start:
ECU1:ACTUAL_VOLTAGE_AT_FUEL_PUMP
ECU1:BATTERY_VOLTAGE
ECU1:coolant_temp
ECU1: DOWNSTREAM_AIR_TEMP
ECU1:ENGINE_SPEED
ECU1:FUEL_PUMP_DUTY_CYCLE
ECU1:FUEL_PUMP_FLOW_RATE
ECU1:FUEL_PUMP_VOLTAGE_FROM_TABLE