need help! Spec 3 problems

volcomsurf76

Mr.Awesome
Established Member
Went to the track tonight and burned up my clutch. Started by doing a 2nd gear burnout, when i left the line it poured smoke 1st gear but hooked 2nd. I thought it was spinning the tires. But on the video you can tell its coming from under the car. Car went 12.10 like this. On the return road i knew the clutch was messed up. it engages up very high and can i hear it slipping. i let the car cool for 2 hours and babied it home. When i give it past 1/4 throttle i can hear it slipping. What do i do here? Can i adjust anything? i dont know too much about this car. I know it has a fire wall adjuster thats light blue and a spec 3+ clutch. Any help would be awesome i need to get this taken care of. thanks guys :beer:

TRBO VNM

yeah its toasty..nothing you can do except go auto! you wont have clutch problems anymore

just valve body and converter issues. :poke:

OP, if you liked that clutch, get another. the fidanza 4.3 is nice. I put one in my car and just put one in a buddies car. they are cheap and hold power.

wheelhopper

Established Member
Not difficult to change the clutch. You just have to remove the H-pipe, driveshaft, drop the trans and you'll be looking at the clutch. For what it is worth, I think it is worth the few hundred bucks to pay someone else that has a lift to put it in.

You asked about what clutch. I have a Spec 3 in my Cobra and have been very happy with it. When this one goes I plan on getting another, unless there I find info a better clutch at a better price. I went with an Exedy chromoly flywheel.

04yellowcobra

Established Member
What are your plans for the car? This will drive the answer to your clutch question.

As of latest round of testing. A Spec 3 (anything) and centerforce DFX is to much clutch for these cars at eaton and most bolt on twin screws.

Users who are viewing this thread