Need help removing throttle cable from stock TB

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I'm in the process of installing my new Accufab TB/Plenum. Everything is pretty straight forward except for one problem. I can't figure out how to remove the throttle cable from the old throttle body. It seems to be held in place by a pin of some type but it doesn't have a slot so it probably doesn't unscrew. I don't want to force it off not knowing the correct procedure. Thanks for you help!
:shrug:

HotRodHarry

Life is short,Live it up!
Established Member
Oh man..stop right there and take that car to someone with mechanical skills :D

Pull the thottle back and the cable's barrel end just slips right out.

Hot Rod(sir....step away from the car)Harry :D
www.HotRodHarrys.com

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I think my mechanical skills went to sleep on this one!

Duh! Yep, I went out and looked at it again before I read your post. Saw how easy it slips out and then came down and saw your response. Man do I feel stupid!
:eek:

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
hey cobrabob, be sure to use a plenum gasket. The new accufab did not come with one. Maybe you lucked out and got one. All my problems were solved when I figured out I had an vacuum leak at the plenum. Don't go on George's word at accufab that you don't need a gasket there!

wuplash

Established Member
Originally posted by sambandit
hey cobrabob, be sure to use a plenum gasket. The new accufab did not come with one. Maybe you lucked out and got one. All my problems were solved when I figured out I had an vacuum leak at the plenum. Don't go on George's word at accufab that you don't need a gasket there!

that is interesting i will have to get me one.the gasket you are talking about is for where the power inlet mates to the blower correct?.my factory one i took off did not have one there.where did you purchase your gasket at?.

wuplash

Established Member
Originally posted by wuplash
that is interesting i will have to get me one.the gasket you are talking about is for where the power inlet mates to the blower correct?.my factory one i took off did not have one there.where did you purchase your gasket at?.

oops had a brain fart my factory one did have a gasket on it there and i finally remembered when i took it off one little corner piece did not want to come off and stayed on the factory unit.i will go get me a new gasket asap as i really did not think to much of it at the time and this may just be why i still have a idle hang at times with .92 volts on the tps sensor but only when the engine is completly warmed up.

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
Yes, it's the gasket where the plenum meets the blower. I thought nothing of it either until I replaced the IAC, TPS, and still had problems. My TPS volts were .97-.98. So needless to say I was Frustrated. Decide to check for vacuum leaks. Spray a little carb cleaner by where those two meet and if your rpms fluctuate at all you have a leak. I tightened those 4 bolts down as hard as I could and still couldn't get rid of it!. Went to the dealer to order me a new one. Put it on and whalla. Perfect, non hanging idle. I couldn't believe it! I was having really rough idle problems, it was hanging at 1500-2000 rpms some times, and all that is gone. Maybe if enough of us call accufab and complain, they'll start including those damn gaskets with their tb!

Last edited:

wuplash

Established Member
Originally posted by sambandit
Yes, it's the gasket where the plenum meets the blower. I thought nothing of it either until I replaced the IAC, TPS, and still had problems. My TPS volts were .97-.98. So needless to say I was Frustrated. Decide to check for vacuum leaks. Spray a little carb cleaner by where those two meet and if your rpms fluctuate at all you have a leak. I tightened those 4 bolts down as hard as I could and still couldn't get rid of it!. Went to the dealer to order me a new one. Put it on and whalla. Perfect, non hanging idle. I couldn't believe it! I was having really rough idle problems, it was hanging at 1500-2000 rpms some times, and all that is gone. Maybe if enough of us call accufab and complain, they'll start including those damn gaskets with their tb!

thks.i just went out and sprayed some wd-40 around the plenum no sign of a leak:shrug: i got the tps set at .92 volts saturday it seems to have helped but i can't move the tps sensor up any higher to get the illusive .98 volts i have tried very hard to no avai.l unless i drill new holes in the side of the tb i don't see how i will achieve .98 volts:uh oh:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Hmmm. Mine came with a gasket. It is possible that Mark (LFP) added it, but I believe mine came like that from Accufab. By the way, someone above mentioned that there was no gasket with the stock setup. You probably didn't notice the gasket because it is very thin. You have to pop it loose. The new gasket that came with the Accufab TB/Plenum was the thin as well.

My idle is very smooth but does hang a bit at around 700-900 rpms for a couple of seconds before dropping down to 600. I think that is normal for this setup, though.

Pointcover, I will take some pics this afternoon and post one tonight.

Users who are viewing this thread